Lucas Oil

I seem to have cleaned up the sludge in my engine and think it's ready for a standard OCI. One of the choices I have lying around is Lucas synthetic 5w30. I see threads on Lucas additives, but none on the standard oil. Does anyone have facts or opinions on the properties of it? Amazon reviews are very positive.

If you already have it and your rig calls for 5w30 then use it and don't give it a second thought. It's SN, Dexos1 Gen2 rated so it is quality oil and will work fine. Personally, I think it's over priced for what it is, though.

I agree and I wouldn't just go looking for Lucas oil when there are =/> oils for le$$. I mean, if you can buy the Lucas 5W30 for le$$ than other brands, by all means buy it. Just don't go hunting it down.

Originally Posted by Infomercial
I seem to have cleaned up the sludge in my engine and think it's ready for a standard OCI. One of the choices I have lying around is Lucas synthetic 5w30. I see threads on Lucas additives, but none on the standard oil. Does anyone have facts or opinions on the properties of it? Amazon reviews are very positive.

I use their blue and red oils on my concealed carries. Don't know what color their motor oil is.

Back