2019 Jetta SE detail...

Per my mother-in-laws request, her car got cleaned today. It is a 2019 VW Jetta SE in Pure White with Dark Beige interior.

The first step today was removing the dealer decal on the trunk. Then as always I rinsed out the wheel wells to rid them of dirt and debris. That is followed by washing the wheels/tires, then I work on the body from the top down. Once it was washed I dried the glass then applied Turtle Wax Seal and Shine to wet body panels. The headlights were sealed with Sonax Polymer Net Shield and all glass was topped with RainX. The interior was dusted and plastics / Vtex leatherette were topped with 303.

She was very happy with the results. It sure does look good when clean!

IMG_4295.JPG

IMG_4309.JPG

IMG_4298.JPG

IMG_4299.JPG

IMG_4300.JPG

IMG_4302.JPG

Very nice. I like the color combination. Back in the day the dealers would drill holes in a brand new car to rivet their stupid dealer logo on there.

Last edited:
That is a lovely car, I really like the simple elegance of that interior, as well as the 2-tone colors.

Curious how you went about removing the dealer decal and what you used to get the residue off. I have to tackle that on a 2015 Sedona I just bought, but on every other vehicle I've done it to, it's been quite difficult and always left some imperfections / scratches.

Nice job! I love the two tone interior. The tan parts are a little darker than what one normally sees for a tan interior and looks nice. I have a 2019 SE in the dark grey metallic with black interior. I really like the value of the SE trim level and the mpg is good too. Although with little to do lately I barely have 2k miles on mine so I'll certainly take the 6 year 72k miles warranty to the limit lol.

You can use some dental floss and get rid of the Jetta letters and any other glued on fake chrome if you like the blank look.

Very nice. 303 Aerospace is a top-notch product for vinyl and black trim

Pensacola area?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BrownBox88
Very nice. 303 Aerospace is a top-notch product for vinyl and black trim

Pensacola area?

Indeed.

Originally Posted by sloinker
You can use some dental floss and get rid of the Jetta letters and any other glued on fake chrome if you like the blank look.

Good to know! I won't be messing with it as it is my mother in laws car. I only removed the dealer decal today because she has mentioned it in the past. Who likes those anyway? Tacky.

Originally Posted by 92saturnsl2
That is a lovely car, I really like the simple elegance of that interior, as well as the 2-tone colors.

Curious how you went about removing the dealer decal and what you used to get the residue off. I have to tackle that on a 2015 Sedona I just bought, but on every other vehicle I've done it to, it's been quite difficult and always left some imperfections / scratches.

I have always used my finger nails to remove the stickers, then I use bug and tar remover to take of the residue that is left behind. If the decal has been on for years you may need to follow up with a polish or compound to remove possible discoloration.

Edit: always wash the area after using a bug and tar remover.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wemay
Looks great! Especially the non-shiny steering wheel.

You noticed! Yes, that is the way they should be. Most leather steering wheels look gloss black after a few thousand miles, and no one seems to care. I can't stand it! Haha.

I did clean the steering wheel this go around, you have an eye for detail.

Originally Posted by sloinker

Fishing line works good as well.

Originally Posted by Rand
I'd upgrade the rain-x to aquapel. (look out for fake).

Tire rack sells it and I'd trust them as a genuine retailer of the stuff.

As for the OP, I didn't know TW Seal and Shine should be applied to a wet car like that.

Last edited:
Back