Sahara dust cloud impact on air filters?

You car will be
57.gif
15.gif

In less than 50 miles after the "dust cloud" arrives
lol.gif

I spent some time in that area where the dust starts. Stripping the land like it did during the dust bowl in the USA. It's a yearly occurrence, but this is a lot of soil this year taken from areas that the people are already very poor. That's my concern, not first world problems like will it mean I have to change my air filter an extra time?

Originally Posted by bbhero
You car will be
57.gif
15.gif

lol.gif

In other news, my buddy ran a 283 Chevy with no air filter at all for 80,000 miles (admittedly in a damp Great Lakes climate).

Originally Posted by nascarnation
You car will be
57.gif
15.gif

lol.gif

In other news, my buddy ran a 283 Chevy with no air filter at all for 80,000 miles (admittedly in a damp Great Lakes climate).

Boom. ahahahahaha

Originally Posted by nascarnation
You car will be
57.gif
15.gif

lol.gif

Hopefully.... Quite obvious I was joking...

Originally Posted by Barkleymut
What do you attribute that to Chris? While I do not have restriction gauges, my air filters generally look fine after 20-25k

I'd say probably living in Apple Valley would do it (the desert).

I worked in it all day and only had slight throat irritation the fog mixed with the dust this morning made quiet a pea souper this morning.

Pretty foggy here yet while the sun high in the sky. I didn't realize it'd have this much of an impact this far inland.

Originally Posted by dlundblad
... I didn't realize it'd have this much of an impact this far inland.
If it can cross the Atlantic Ocean, it can cross land just as easily.

Sky was murky here yesterday, but no unusual dust apparent at ground level.

Seems the high-flying dust might would be a problem for aircraft, though.

Originally Posted by Barkleymut
What do you attribute that to Chris? While I do not have restriction gauges, my air filters generally look fine after 20-25k

I live on a long dirt road with lots of traffic. Sometimes I have to stop and wait for the dust to clear before i can continue.

Both sides of main st is dirt lots too and it is always windy and dusty there too.

After driving back home from the gulf with the Sahara sand hanging around like spring pine pollen
Here's my air filter
Thank goodness for a good seal !

742322F7-B97E-4865-9302-3611B26A1E3D.jpeg

Back