wemay

Site Donor 2023
Decent look for a $9 bottle...

20200627_171153.jpg

20200627_171200.jpg

20200627_171130.jpg

20200627_171105.jpg

20200627_171225.jpg

I like the Camaro but would lose the low profile tires and the oversize diameter rims. It doesn't look right to me and the memories of the time period. Too Chip Foose I suppose.

Originally Posted by sloinker
I like the Camaro but would lose the low profile tires and the oversize diameter rims. It doesn't look right to me and the memories of the time period. Too Chip Foose I suppose.

I get your point, BUT: those are either genuine Cragars, or replicas, so the look is indeed vintage. Hats off to that.

Indeed, all 3 look great. However, their paint work is perfect and I think any product would have done a nice job. I am still entertaining buying some TWSS when my "quick detailing" stash dwindles a bit more.

Originally Posted by Oro_O

I get your point, BUT: those are either genuine Cragars, or replicas, so the look is indeed vintage. Hats off to that.

The lower profile tires do stand out. As for the rims they do look like Cragers.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have Cragar's on my project.....see if I can find a side view.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by skyactiv
Good looking vehicles. What is your opinion on the Passat's ride quality?

No complaints at all. Smooth and planted. Nice compromise between comfort and handling. It could use a more refined sounding engine, though. But I'm used to it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have Cragar's on my project.....see if I can find a side view.

That's gonna be HOT 🔥

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Indeed, all 3 look great. However, their paint work is perfect and I think any product would have done a nice job. I am still entertaining buying some TWSS when my "quick detailing" stash dwindles a bit more.

Fair point

Is that an old car alarm key switch on the Camaro?

Wow, great eyes. Yes.

I would normally agree, but Its a Fancy looking "Chevy II" so I suppose it should. handle better than a Chevy II

Now Impala, Biscayne, Gaxalie 500, Wildcat ...

Factory steel . Then those early 60's Big Ponchos have those awesome factory 8 lug perimeter bolt rims on the Aluminum Drums.

I would. always keep them.

Never been a Cragar S/S fan, though they may be period correct

A guys gotta like what they like - it's personal, and it makes YOU happy - then run with it.

Originally Posted by wemay

Wow, great eyes. Yes.

Wemay, That still a 327 engined car with a close ratio 4 speed ?

Or did he cave and go to a long stroke SBC motor and a slushbox?

Nothing like a BIG bore, shortest stroke to wake up a motor.

These new long stroke 4 bangers in everything sound like a worn out Allis -Chalmers Model B

Horrendous.

- Ken

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted by wemay

Wow, great eyes. Yes.

Wemay, That still a 327 engined car with a close ratio 4 speed ?

Or did he cave and go to a long stroke SBC motor and a slushbox?

Nothing like a BIG bore, shortest stroke to wake up a motor.

These new long stroke 4 bangers in everything sound like a worn out Allis -Chalmers Model B

Horrendous.

- Ken

Arco', still a 327.

I saw a similar Camaro at Mecum in Jan. I like the color and the rims. While there, my buddy bought a '69 Roadrunner. I had a few interests, but didn't pull the trigger on anything.

Back