Where to buy trailer tires?

As the title suggests, is there a go to place for trailer tires? I have an occasional use and not looking for Michelin sort price
smile.gif

Appreciate any help.
thumbsup2.gif

Tirerack if you want to install the tires yourself discount tire Big O they all carry various brands.

Any of the various farm stores dotted around MURICA usually have them in stock. TSC pricing is a joke compared to it's competitor Rural King if your lucky to have one near you.

Last time I was looking Big O has some very reasonable. It was a brand with a nylon cap as well.

They will be mostly Chinese made-but reliable if you follow all the necessary maintenance issues-associated with trailer tires.

Get the carlisle radial HD tires. I think i've gotten twice the life out of them as any other tire. I actually wear mine out vs most people just park them and let them rot out.

Shop around. I've gotten from etrailer a couple of times, and HF, and Walmart. Whoever had the best deal. Although sometimes it's worth a few extra bucks to buy in person and not deal with shipping.

Although I think if you read the fine print the HF tires might say 55mph max on them. Might have changed, which is why one is always stuck doing research.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Any of the various farm stores dotted around MURICA usually have them in stock. TSC pricing is a joke compared to it's competitor Rural King if your lucky to have one near you.

Second that.

Local tire shop here did our new trailer tires. Very happy with their prices and service. In the end I got a set of 15" Carlisle Radial Trail HDs installed for a hair over $600.

Discount Tire & Wheel

I can recommend Goodyear Endurance trailer tires.

Made in USA.

Paying a couple of extra $ for trailer tires now will save you $$ in the long run. A tire blow on trailer can cause a lot of damage.

Originally Posted by Islandvic
Discount Tire & Wheel

Made in USA.

Paying a couple of extra $ for trailer tires now will save you $$ in the long run. A tire blow on trailer can cause a lot of damage.

They are actually about double the price. The extra dollars go towards that "insurance policy" that you don't need on other tires-if you follow the "golden rules".
1) Do't curb hop
2) No excessive speeds
3) Always check inflation
4) Replace at first signs of cracking

I follow these rules-have towed all over the country on $65.00 Chinese tires and have had not one issue.......NOT ONE.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by Islandvic
Discount Tire & Wheel

Made in USA.

They are actually about double the price. The extra dollars go towards that "insurance policy" that you don't need on other tires-if you follow the "golden rules".
1) Do't curb hop
2) No excessive speeds
3) Always check inflation
4) Replace at first signs of cracking

I follow these rules-have towed all over the country on $65.00 Chinese tires and have had not one issue.......NOT ONE.

I'd rather buy cheaper trailer tires and have to replace twice as often than expensive ones and waiting out the years to try to coup back the expense.

I put cheap $50 tires on my utility trailer, I don't even put tire covers on them to protect from the sun, it would be cheaper to replace them sooner than buying covers that will disintegrate too.

Depends on what you do … my buddy runs those Goodyear Endurance … but he's maxed out towing farm equipment in hot weather (that he spent serious money on … )

I run Carlisle Sport Trail LH Bias on my 7K utility trailer. Good balance of price and quality.

I tow my JD 750 tractor, my Jeep (5K lbs+/ each tire weighs 160lbs!), 4 ATV's, firewood, just hauled a load of mulch and topsoil. The only issue I ever had was running over a nail and I fixed it without pulling the wheel off.

I bought 4 for my car trailer from etrailer. Since I no longer use them, the matching spare came from simpletire. Was much cheaper from simpletire.

I usually just mount myself

Back