Signing on the new vehicle on Monday

We were going to do a minivan but couldn't find one for a decent price they were all beat up or had rust already.
We dealt with several awful stealerships and more than a few bad salesmen we just had our baby 6 wks ago and the misses is having some nerve pain from the spinal tap so she was more than done with the whole adventure.
That being said we decided to give the journeys another look. We decided to go with a 2015 Dodge Journey sxt with the 3.6l it is about middle of the road option wise has 76,009 miles and we bought it for $9400. Pretty happy with it all things considered and very happy with the sales guy who went above and beyond to make us happy. We drove 1 hour to this dealership. We have a local dealer about 5 minutes from the house and initially tried to buy a grand caravan from them but they didn't see interested in our business at all. We called them over the course of 5 days trying to see if the van went through detail yet or if financing was done. When they did answer it was always one excuse after another they were to busy ect. So we went to south county dodge in St. Louis and got a good deal and were treated very well. We pick the Journey up on Monday. We have 2 memorials tomorrow one for her aunt and one for my dad so we couldn't make it there tomorrow to sign and be done. I am very excited for this and eager to get it home
smile.gif

Thank god you got the 3.6! It's the same drivetrain as the Grand Caravan... we almost got one, but sliding doors won for us. The rental I had wasn't bad... congratulations on the new car, it should serve you well.

People mock the Journey, but really it is a pretty decent car....the big thing is getting one with the 3.6/ 6speed. It makes a big difference in the experience...

Our neighbors down are street have a nice silver 2015 Journey SXT. It is well cared for (his and makes sure everything is updated) and has a tad of 53k on it. It's treated them well and has taken them to Disney World and back a few times...

Congrats on the new car!

I had 2 Journeys as company cars. Both V6's and AWD. I had the oil changed every 3-4k miles and it was free and I had a good Jiffy Lube near me. First one crapped out about 30k. The valve rocker assembly just wore out as there was no steel in the metal. They showed it to me and the rocker moved side to side. Chrysler didn't want to pay for it. Tried to tell the lease company that it didn't have the 100k warranty, which is why my co. had moved to leasing Chrysler. The fight went on for a couple of months while I had nice Pick ups as rentals so I didn't care. They finally fixed it and I had it for 3 yrs. The seat and suspension wore out.
Then I got a 14 Journey and it was a much better car.
Your Journey may have been a company lease car. That's not a problem it it had good service. But today there are so many women reps on the road that I wondered about maintenance. The lease co started sending out email reminders when the car approached 5k. We had to input mileage every time we filled up. Hope you have good luck with it.

i had a rental it was not so great.. but I can imagine the same vehicle with the 6speed and 3.6 is much better.

I am glad that you found a car that you are happy with, I hope you enjoy having it.

However, I worked for Chrysler for a while, and I now work as a service advisor at a large garage chain, and I can tell you that the reliability of the suspension components on that vehicle is very poor.

I think you are capable of doing work yourself, which is good, bc you will spend a lot of time repairing ball joints, toe links, bushings, and other components on the car.

I do think they are nice cars, very comfortable and peppy with that V-6, well laid out inside, and drives nice. I hope you have less problems than the ones I see every couple of days.

Is yours a 7-passenger, or just 5? If it is 7, ventilation to the very back seats is very poor, as there are no vents in the trunk area.

Yea- not the best choice for a used vehicle.
Hope you have better realiability than what they are known for.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CKN
Yea- not the best choice for a used vehicle.
Hope you have better realiability than what they are known for.

At least the Journey is rather cheap.

It has the third row. When I worked in the shops I didn't see many journeys coming in. Also suspension parts are pretty easy work so when it needs done it won't be an issue. Also I did a few miles in the very back and it was 90 degrees outside the back was pretty comfortable the entire vehicle cooled down nicely.
I'm not afraid of them. I know many people bash fca but overall I've always had decent luck with dodge products.

Back