2021 Mazda 3 Reportedly Adding Turbo, but No Mazdaspeed Variant

probably be automatic only with turbo.
or sedan only.. or something else blah.

Originally Posted by JustN89
That C pillar in the hatch is huge.

The hatch has that the sedan does not.

UD

Auto only, AWD only, top trim only.

I get it... most buyers that opt for the top engine want all the goodies. But WHAT IS THE HARM in stuffing the fat engine in a basic, cloth seated, de-contented base model with a manual transmission. They already build the car, it really wouldn't be hard to simply bolt the engine in and go.

Look at the Focus and Fiesta ST's. Ford never built those cars to sell in numbers, but sell they did. Mazda could and has done the same thing in the past, now they're getting lazy.

I bought a new MS3 in 2007; after a few early issues it proved to be a lot of fun. I liked it so well I put off selling it for a year in hopes that the rumored 300 hp AWD MS3 would become a reality. It didn't of course, so I flipped the MS3 for a 2er. I really like Mazda's, but I doubt I'll buy another- unless Mazda decides to build a RWD coupe with significant hp.

Originally Posted by 14Accent
Auto only, AWD only, top trim only.

I get it... most buyers that opt for the top engine want all the goodies. But WHAT IS THE HARM in stuffing the fat engine in a basic, cloth seated, de-contented base model with a manual transmission. They already build the car, it really wouldn't be hard to simply bolt the engine in and go.

Look at the Focus and Fiesta ST's. Ford never built those cars to sell in numbers, but sell they did. Mazda could and has done the same thing in the past, now they're getting lazy.

The harm is Mazda leaving money on the table, most customers will cough up the extra money for the top trim package to get the premium motor. The whole industry has figured this out, and now paying for individual options is becoming a dying practice. I don't like it either, but when it comes to dealership sales or service up-selling is king.

I read something a short while back that around 65% of buyers of their CX5 bought the top model trim. Whether that translates to other model lineups could be questioned but it does show a trend.

It still makes me mad I couldn't buy my Mazda 6 with a sunroof and a manual transmission. You can get the 3 top of the line with manual but I don't like the 3. The 6 is almost perfect in every way but no manual.

Back