Nu Finish on soon-to-be daughter's car

She's 15 turning 16 in October. She's getting my wife's 200 that is currently sitting not doing much. I decided I better put something longish lasting on it since it won't ever be garaged again. I applied Nu Finish paste buttered onto my 7336 PC buffer to a damp terry bonnet. It was somewhat of a bear to remove on the roof for some reason. I did 2 coats on the hood trunk and roof. I will do another coat in 30 days. It looks good enough.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You don't necessarily need another coat in 30 days but if you want it to pop more, put a wax over it then rewax every couple months. A single coat of Nufinish on otherwise decent paint, will last nearly a year if dilute, gentle washing soap is used instead of strong detergents that strip it off. That will prolong the wax too, just not a year.

There is another good AIO product you can use called Duragloss 105. IMO more durable than NuFinish and much easier to put on and off. Costs $12 at CarQuest or you can order from Amazon. Best Bang for the Buck protection in a bottle you can buy.

I am sure your daughter will have no complaints with the car. Just hope she is working for it. Congrats to her ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by SLO_Town
Pretty sky and nice countryside!

Scott

Thanks sir! Soybeans this year in the fields.

She will be working for gas money and maintaining her 3.85 GPA in AP courses.

Scott

I was about to post that very same thing! It's gorgeous there where you live!

Nice car for a teen! Granted, they're an ancient design but my lord does the 3.6 make those cars interesting. 283 horses in a 3,400 pound car is really quite hilarious when you think about it. To put it in perspective, the original Taurus SHO had 220 horse and a ~3,300 pound curb weight. So... add 63 horses and no weight. Talk about fun!

Torque steer is real in those cars. Chrysler decided to use unequal length axles which creates a lot of pull. A good example of an alternative is a like-sized Chevrolet Impala with the (oddly same sized) 3.6 V6. That engine makes 300 HP, but GM used equal-length axles which greatly improves heavy-throttle stability.

The thing that makes me laugh is that the 06-09 SS-badged W-body's (Impala's and Monte Carlo's, for those that don't know) had a 5.3L LS4 that made 303 horse, Granted, the LS4 made ~60 more ft. lbs. of torque, but GM had to limit that through software because the 4T65E just couldn't handle that kind of power from the factory. I've driven both, and I much prefer the 3.6 to the 5.3 in those cars.

Originally Posted by dwcopple

Scott

Thanks sir! Soybeans this year in the fields.

She will be working for gas money and maintaining her 3.85 GPA in AP courses.

Car looks great man... Seriously you did a very good job.

Did your daughter get her higher level intelligence from her mom or you ??

Good enough? That car looks great!! Fantastic! If you follow up after the 30 days that car will look brand new! This is what happens when someone follows instructions from the manufacture. WOW!! That Nu finish sure is bang for the buck! Bill

Did your daughter get her higher level intelligence from her mom or you ??

She's actually my step daughter. Our daughter is only 9 but has been in the gifted & talented program since kindergarten.

Just went out and wiped down the trim stains with mineral spirits and dressed the trim after with Meguiars Natural shine protectant.

Originally Posted by dwcopple
She's 15 turning 16 in October. She's getting my wife's 200 that is currently sitting not doing much. I decided I better put something longish lasting on it since it won't ever be garaged again. I applied Nu Finish paste buttered onto my 7336 PC buffer to a damp terry bonnet. It was somewhat of a bear to remove on the roof for some reason. I did 2 coats on the hood trunk and roof. I will do another coat in 30 days. It looks good enough.

Are you growing cotton way up there in Michigan?
21.gif

Nice car and a very nice area. Doesn't look like a crop was planted.

Last edited:
So for the first time in weeks, we got 20 mins of rain yesterday. That Chrysler hasn't moved since these pics. Very very disappointed in the beading of the NF. Water on the trunk and roof were half dollar in size. Ugh. I'll be doing another coat soon it seems.

Back