Dyson Pure Cool Fan.

The statement below implies the exhausting air has been "purified"?
"and projecting and circulating purified air using Air Multiplierâ„¢"
It must be magic?

Bought a "box fan" a couple of years ago to replace one of those rotating "stick" shaped upright fans.
The thing never needs to be turned past the lowest setting, and the breeze is enough to cool an entire apartment.

Downside: it's a little noisy, but you get used to it.

Usually it's the simple designs which prove to be most effective.
thumbsup2.gif

Dyson is the Tesla of the appliance world. Overpriced, over-marketed crap that they can charge a fortune for just for people to feel "special". Nothing they sell is any better than something you can get for 1/3 the price.

Just look at all the issues with the new Tesla Model Y... everything from poor quality paint to seats not being bolted in. Right from the factory. As much as people love to hate on the industry staples... those kinds of things just don't happen with established brands. Screw Dyson and screw Elon Musk.

Originally Posted by SpitFire6
It must be magic?

They do have pretty decent filters on them. The "air multiplier" uses the Coandă effect to move more air than it otherwise would. Over priced and over engineered for what amounts to a fan? Absolutely. But still kind of cool.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by SpitFire6
It must be magic?

They do have pretty decent filters on them. The "air multiplier" uses the Coandă effect to move more air than it otherwise would. Over priced and over engineered for what amounts to a fan? Absolutely. But still kind of cool.

[Linked Image]

There is the issue.
The air that is "pulled in" is unfiltered air.
Very overpriced plastic.

Originally Posted by 14Accent
Dyson is the Tesla of the appliance world. Overpriced, over-marketed crap that they can charge a fortune for just for people to feel "special". Nothing they sell is any better than something you can get for 1/3 the price.

Just look at all the issues with the new Tesla Model Y... everything from poor quality paint to seats not being bolted in. Right from the factory. As much as people love to hate on the industry staples... those kinds of things just don't happen with established brands. Screw Dyson and screw Elon Musk.

I don' know much about Dyson products, but I disagree about Tesla. Tesla spearheaded the concept of the EV and made it viable. It's happening. The I.C.E. WILL be obsolete. Give it time.

The iPhone was a very premium, "only paying for the name" device, now just about everyone has one.

Dyson claims to have a "digital motor" whatever that is.

But their cordless vacuum cleaners are quite good and powerful. Haven't used their fans so no opinion on that.

They are using digital in the same way class d amps and switched mode PS's do. Those items are not digital either but the term is slowly starting to mean anything that pulses or outputs squareish waves or goes on and off rapidly.

They are using digital in the same way class d amps and switched mode PS's do. Those items are not digital either but the term is slowly starting to mean anything that pulses or outputs squareish waves or goes on and off rapidly.
Originally Posted by maximus
Originally Posted by 14Accent

I don' know much about Dyson products, but I disagree about Tesla. Tesla spearheaded the concept of the EV and made it viable. It's happening. The I.C.E. WILL be obsolete. Give it time.

The iPhone was a very premium, "only paying for the name" device, now just about everyone has one.

I personally don't think ICE will be obsolete for a long time. I agree EV will become a very large percentage of vehicles. I think in a few years we are going to see a resurgence in ICE. I think there are going to be some very creative engineered engines that will be very efficient. Alternative fuels and designs. It won't look like anything we have today, though, I think that much we agree on.

Back