Mini F60 B46 UOA

Didn't consider we'd do this, but possibly buying out our lease. Sent in a UOA on the dealer changed oil (maintenance included) to get sense of engine health. The CBS oil change intervals for us have been 7500, 7700, and 8000 miles. Had I known we were going to buy out, I would probably have changed myself in between, but this UOA put my mind somewhat at ease.

No shearing of the very light 0W-20 and wear metals look good? Crazy because my WRX will shear a 5W-30 or 5W-40 almost instantly. Pretty impressed. I still put in Castrol Edge 5W-40 on this change.

Nothing looks out of the ordinary?

Tl8UqFc

Looks like it was changed a little early. Other than that looks good. I don't see any obvious reason to go a 5W-40 which could increase startup wear.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MCompact
I've found the BMW/Mini CBS OCIs to be perfectly adequate.

After seeing this, I agree!

Originally Posted by Gene K
Looks like it was changed a little early. Other than that looks good. I don't see any obvious reason to go a 5W-40 which could increase startup wear.

Only changed with this since it was available at Walmart locally. I'll have to see what the lowest I can get BMW OEM for or if any other BMW approved oils are easily attainable.

Back