Heat Wave

Whooowe! it's HOT, 104* today and 105* the rest of the week till monday and a cool 95*
lol.gif

Looks like my Texas days are numberred and moving back home to Chicago soon

Can't stand the heat and humidity down here in Dallas. I HATE IT !!

Dave

I'm okay with that! After last summer where it rained every day ....

Unfortunately some projects I have that require a dry summer (pouring a new garage foundation is one) got delayed thanks to other things that popped up. Otherwise I'd be right on that this year!

Originally Posted by Malo83
Whooowe! it's HOT, 104* today and 105* the rest of the week till monday and a cool 95*
lol.gif

Los Gatos was near 90*; we met friends in Felton. It was maybe low 80's with a breeze. Peaceful mountains, redwoods, oaks, etc.

lol.gif

Where at? Palm springs or Thermal? Only 95 in Hesperia today.

111 here.

I'm still waiting for the real hot days. Gonna bake cookies in the car again. Not to worry guys, I'll be sure to post it
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Chris142
lol.gif

Where at? Palm springs or Thermal? Only 95 in Hesperia today.

Central Cal, Porterville, hour north of Bakersfield.

75 *F here today and tomorrow. Not so good for swimming and lounging, but excellent for yard work, mechanic work etc.

Easier on the dogs hen they're out too. They slow down when it's over 85 or so. Lol

Over 80 and I'm toast. It's not too bad until I stand in the sun, and then I just melt. Not sure what the relative humidity is but I suspect it's quite high. Not my cup of tea at all!

I don't fare well in the heat. My parents came from Slupsk, Poland and I'm very fair skinned, green eyed with light brown hair. I have to put zinc sunscreen on my nose or it gets sun burned easily.

We are about 10 degrees above normal for the past week and a half hitting near or above 90 every day.

What is bad is there has been no significant cool down at night - except last Monday night.

In the past decade I've had to use the window AC more than a few times for over 3 days in a row.

Never needed it in the up till recent.

We are trying only fans and just getting acclimated to the heat.

No Rain either.

The birds are enjoying the bird bath I keep watered.

Not good.

Forecast for 108 today but single digit humidity. The mornings start out in the low 70s so I can have coffee on the front porch up to 9 or 10 o'clock. After that it's an oven. Evenings, when the sun sets behind the mountains it's starts cooling off slowly. Usually there's a breeze so I can have tea outside. It may still be 90 but with the low humidity it's very tolerable.

Once that temperature reaches 90 degrees, I'm hating the heat. I would rather it be 30 degrees than 90+
The humidity is always bad here. We are surrounded by all the Great Lakes.
But as long as any major earthquakes don't occur and turn all the Great Lakes into one big Lake - then see Michigan get swallowed by water like the continent of Atlantis once did, then everything is fine living here.

Our leader is Gretchen. She will save us......
05.gif

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

But as long as any major earthquakes don't occur and turn all the Great Lakes into one big Lake - then see Michigan get swallowed by water like the continent of Atlantis once did, then everything is fine living here.

to get them ALL into one big lake, that quake would have to take out southern Ontario as well..(and the most populated part of Canada as a whole)

Originally Posted by skyactiv
I don't fare well in the heat. My parents came from Slupsk, Poland and I'm very fair skinned, green eyed with light brown hair. I have to put zinc sunscreen on my nose or it gets sun burned easily.

Know of your concern because of fair skin . I had precancers on my face and still may have . A few were on my cheeks and on the tip of the nose . They were frozen and left very little scarring . I now have to be wary of the sun . Skin cancer and other cancers have occurred on both sides of the family .

Back