Water marks on glass

Anyone know of a product to take watermarks off the glass. I saw a product on FB but don't trust those adds.

Basically it is the spots on the glass from where the water dried before I could get it wiped off. Seems a clay bar will not take it off.

Vinegar or another mild acid. Don't get it on anything else, for example put a paper towel over the area and wet it, wear eye protection and full body armor, etc.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Spartanfool
I like Stoner's Invisible Glass Water Spot Remover.

Stoner's

I forgot about that, I've used that as well. The Duragloss is a little more aggressive than the Stoner's, but they're both good. If you have heavier spots I would still recommend the Duragloss, or just work a little longer at it with the Stoner's.

Thanks, the water spots are really noticeable on the back glass on my 2002 Silverado. Trying to get it nice and clean taking it one step at a time so when the time comes to sell it will look good.

If this is a recurring problem then after you get everything nice and clean I would consider applying a glass sealant.

Originally Posted by thescreensavers
If you have any type of automotive polish it will take it right off.

No, it usually won't. You need something far more aggressive. You can try it first though if you have something like that on hand. In many cases it calls for specialized products to do the job.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PowerSurge
Imar Strataglass. Works like a charm.

A cleaner for polymers? Not saying it won't work on glass, but I'm a little skeptical. It's also pretty expensive from the looks of it.

Originally Posted by ctechbob
Originally Posted by PowerSurge
Imar Strataglass. Works like a charm.

A cleaner for polymers? Not saying it won't work on glass, but I'm a little skeptical. It's also pretty expensive from the looks of it.

Yes, it works on glass. As far as price, buy once cry once.

I have a griots synthetic clay pad, cleaned the windows while washing, worked pretty well. Also I have had some luck with the magic eraser pads.

Back