Easy and effective spray wax?

I fully detail our personal cars a minimum of a 2 times per year and have that down to a system that works well, but I also have a company car (silver Ford Explorer) that I pay to have professionally detailed once a year. Besides that, it gets run through an automatic car wash every now and then or I'll wash it at one of the coin operated places with a high pressure wand. Water stopped beading on the paint about 3 months after the last professional detail. I am not going to hand wash/wax/detail the Explorer, but I'd still like to take care of it and have it look decent. What's an easy to apply (and buy) spray on sealant/wax that I can use during or after drying that will give the paint an acceptable level of protection? Not looking for a concours level shine, just something to use 3-4 times a year to keep the paint in good shape. Thank you in advance for your recommendations.

Id argue for this:

Once per year apply some sealant and protectant. Maybe Carpro Essence... Which I like.

Then when doing the wash, use of the SiO2 spray on/rinse off solutiuons. It leaves a level of protection, and also serves as a rinse aid which helps keep away water spots and other mess. They last long/well enough, assuming you do some good cleaning once a year, IMO. And are far less work and effort than even a spray wax. Ive never seen good results from spray waxes, and relegate their use to in door jambs and underhood metal.

Sonax Spray and Seal may be a good option too...

Hands down, Griots 3 in 1 ceramic wax. Absolutely amazing stuff, and nothing is easier or faster.

I respect the opinion above, but I disagree. The green colored Griots is a spray wax that flat out rocks! It's also proven better than the competition.

Last edited:
I use Hawaiian Shine by Jax Wax. I use it as a wax as you dry and a detail spray on dry surfaces. I have tried products from others but HS is my go to that I buy in gallons.

Originally Posted by Cujet
Hands down, Griots 3 in 1 ceramic wax. Absolutely amazing stuff, and nothing is easier or faster.

I respect the opinion above, but I disagree. The green colored Griots is a spray wax that flat out rocks! It's also proven better than the competition.

x2, use on a dry surface for best results.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by Cujet

Keep in mind this is the OP's company vehicle, not their personally owned vehicles. Minimizing the work is the key.

The Griots is great stuff but if you are looking for minimal time spent, the Sonax Spray and Seal would be perfect especially at the coin op power wash place. Spray the product on lightly per instructions and power wash off. It is sprayed on after the rinse and while the vehicle is wet.

If you want to spend a little more time then the Griots Ceramic 3 in 1 is great. The vehicle does need to be dried first.

If you want easy, use the "Clear Coat Protectant" setting at the car wash followed by a spot free rinse session. Dry with towel and done. Do this only if you get the film off the paint. Your towel will tell you.

Another vote for Griot 3 in 1. I have never seen a product so easy to use and it beads water like crazy. Cheers to technology

Originally Posted by JHZR2

Keep in mind this is the OP's company vehicle, not their personally owned vehicles. Minimizing the work is the key.

I can't imagine an easier or faster wax. I can wax my F150 in 3 minutes. Honest.

I did so at the grocery store parking lot one day. Just because I could.

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone. While I was originally considering something cheap and easy from Walmart (like or similar to Turtle Wax), I may also try the Griots 3 in 1 if it's as good/fast/easy as some of you say. May give me some nice (in between full detail) options for my other cars too.

I picked up the Griots a short while back and have done the car twice with it now. It is super easy to work with. The trick is to not use too much. The Griots spray bottles are some of the best out there. Set the spray nozzle to mist and that's what you get. The added advantage is that you can spray it on everything without worries of staining as long as you work quickly to spread it and buff. Applying in small sections is best. Shake it regularly to keep it well mixed. The carnauba component will separate after a while.

The Griots website has a lot of instructional video on all of their products.

I get best results spraying on a folded MF towel then applying onto a panel, you get a super thin film that is super easy to wipe off, my local AutoZone and O'Reillys carry it and a lot of other Griots sprays and waxes.

I'm curious to try one of the new "ceramic" sprays, and can't make up my mind whether to choose TW Hybrid or Griot;s.

Has anyone used both?

The majority of comparison videos give TW the edge, but in the newest one, a four-month durability test update, the advantage goes to GG.

Originally Posted by Rat407
I like Turtle Wax Ice.

Is that TW Ice all that? My cousins wife has a black NAVI. Between washes she uses it to keep a shine on it. She says the water beads like crazy.
Every time I think about a TW product it brings back memories of the TW in the green bottle from the 70's.
lol.gif

Back