magnetic fill plug

New pressure washer. Ran it today for 2 hrs with amsoil HDD 5w30. Will dump before next use. This is the magnetic fill plug after 2 hrs. Oil is still clear. I really like these for engines with no filter.

IMG_20200621_194654559.jpg

IMG_20200621_194651309.jpg

IMG_20200621_194721034.jpg

IMG_20200621_194825728.jpg

IMG_20200621_194904057.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
Nice looking machine. Who makes the engine?

It looks a lot like a predator. Its from northern tool.

A magnetic dipstick/ drain plug is 100% better than nothing.

This amount of goop is typical of small engine slough off especially in early hours.

My hondas and all air cooled gensets without filters exhibit the same goop

I use extended run tanks and they can run for days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko_lwhe8Bgo

Originally Posted by Convert
Where can i purchase that type of dipstick for my Honda Generator?

Thanks

Convert

Tom

Hey Tom,

Search "honda generator magnetic drain plug" on Amazon.

Stay safe.

Steven
USAF Ret.

I have a Honda EU2200i generator, and I ordered this set up. The threaded extension makes oil changes very easy and "mess" free.

https://www.amazon.com/imUfer-Aluminum-Generator-Magnetic-Dipstick/dp/B086H7YMKX/ref=sr_1_6?crid=17X29ZVFCADHO&dchild=1&keywords=honda+generator+magnetic+dipstick&qid=1592839770&sprefix=honda+generator+ma%2Caps%2C148&sr=8-6

I just ordered a genexhaust dipstick and a gold plug drain plug off amazon for my Honda generator. Hopefully both are good quality. I’ve heard of gold plug but not the dipstick I got. The way these are made is there any chance the magnet can fall off? I know it won’t make a huge difference in the generator but it was expensive and I’d like to do anything to keep it running well and last a long time. If anyone has used either of these let me know what you thought. Thanks

I ordered two of these a few months ago:

This fits my EU2000i inverter generator and also the Honda GX160 engine on my EP2500CX generator.

After running the GX160 a few hours during a recent power outage, I pulled the dipstick and it had black residue stuck to the magnet. The engine is just breaking in and has about 3 total run hours now. The magnet pulled enough metal from the oil to soil a paper towel like in the original post above.

These dipsticks seem to have a strong enough magnet to work as intended.

Again, the only downside I see, is they get hot. Being AL they heat sink and get hot vs the plastic dipsticks.

Back