Harvest King

Who is making the Harvest King brand these days? Warren or Citgo I have heard both names thrown around.Others

I haven't seen Citgo in awhile. Their Citgo oil has always had a pink/red date code that was barely visible on the black bottle. Almost looked black on black until you tilted it up to the light you could see the red.

I don't find that date stamp any longer on their bottles, so I assume they switched. But I don't see the usual WNE or WPP stamp at the bottom of the bottle that might indicate it's made by Warren either.

I think at this point only a VOA comparison of additive packages is going to confirm who makes it. Perhaps a Super Tech oil and Harvest King side by side might establish whether it's made by Warren. I posted a UOA (390 miles pretty much a VOA) on here somewhere of Harvest King All Fleet 10w-30 recently, but I don't know what I'd compare that to....

Originally Posted by 92saturnsl2
... I think at this point only a VOA comparison of additive packages is going to confirm who makes it. Perhaps a Super Tech oil and Harvest King side by side might establish whether it's made by Warren. ...
No it won't, because, for the umpteenth time, Warren Oil (which makes Harvest King or Rural King at last check, among others] is not Warren Performance Products (which makes Super Tech, among others).

Originally Posted by CR94
No it won't, because, for the umpteenth time, Warren Oil (which makes Harvest King or Rural King at last check, among others] is not Warren Performance Products (which makes Super Tech, among others).

Well I think Warren Oil needs to change its name!

The point I was making is that a comparison of additive packages might help narrow down who makes the stuff. If it's similar to Supertech, it's likely made by WPP. If the additive package is similar to an Amalie made product, probably made by Amalie. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

Who makes HK oil has been debated around here as long as I can remember and I've yet to see any unequivocal proof who makes it. So comparing additive packages would be a good starting point in the absence of concrete proof.

The five quart bottle is unique to Warren Oil and seeing it in about the fifth debate about its source, (two discussions started by me) convinced me that it's again Warren Oil.

Last edited:
... The point I was making is that a comparison of additive packages might help narrow down who makes the stuff. If it's similar to Supertech, it's likely made by WPP. If the additive package is similar to an Amalie made product, ...
My point was that we already know it won't be the same as Supertech or Amalie, because it's not made by WPP or Amalie.

Originally Posted by CR94

You seem to be our BITOG Answer-Man.

How many is Upteenth?
What is the @100 cst for Pennzoil Platinum xw30?

What is the proof that the HK line of oils are made by Warren Oil? To date I've not seen anything concrete, but I'm sure there's some threads on the subject I've missed.

What is unique about a 5 quart bottle?

[Linked Image]

This container is very specific to Warren Oil.

Of course if it were HK or RK... It would have their label on it instead.

Last edited:
Interesting, our HK bottles don't look like that here, they're rather vanilla and boring looking. I'll have to snap a pic next time I'm over there.

[Linked Image]

Yeah man here it is... Harvest King is certain stores.

Warren Oil definitely has unique containers.

Interesting, our HK bottles don't look like that here, they're rather vanilla and boring looking. I'll have to snap a pic next time I'm over there.

You may have older stock.
Every once in a while, these house brands change their product manufacturers. That's whats been happening this year to some brands.

i dont care who makes it what i want to know ( and cant find anything about or any online reviews) is the stuff any good or is it trash? local store carries it ( $27.99 for 2 gallons) which if it is any good would be perfect for me seeing as my application is a 1987 motorhome that uses dex III ( orignally specced for dex II) in the trans, power steering, and hydromax brake booster.

so if anyone with actual experience with hk in 2024 ( preferably from atwoods stores) id love tou hear your thoughts on the HK multipurpose dex/merc because as i said 27.99 for 2 gallons is better bargain with the amount i need than $26.99 at autozone for a single gallon of multipurpose dex/merc.

oh and as an fyi who makes it depends on the contract at the time, so to answer that question for everyone it could be warren 1 year and citgo the next just like everyone else including motorcraft, gm, etc. it all boils down to which company is willign to mnanufacture it for less. which again brings me back to not caring who actually manufactures the stuff, i just want to see user reviews from those with actual experience wiht the product im interested in and if no such reviews exsist then i see red flags up to and including the point where i would be hesitant to even try it if it were given to me for free. and the reason im looking into it now is i am going to need at least 4 gallons of dex III and i saw 2 gallon of the HK for $27.99 whereas the comparable go to from autozone or oriellys is $26.99 to 2$27.99 for 1 gallon.

Back