Mouse guns out of stock

Originally Posted by marine65
What happened to my thread on this?
Did I put something political in it?

crackmeup2.gif

Easy to do here

Well anyway I was surfing gun sites and noticed that small .32 and .380 pistols are pretty much sold out.
And was wondering why.
I hope this post is good.

Yes. A bunch of political/COVID posts (not yours) got it nuked.

So, staying within guidelines...

Mouse guns are among the many products seeing unusual demand.

A trip to my local gun store Thursday was very strange. Crowds. Outside tent as sort of a "triage area". Patrons were directed into three lines: retail store (regular shopping), range (with separate table outside for the waiver form) and GunBroker pickup (with a separate table outside for paperwork, including the ATF 4473).

Long line outside for the retail store (to comply with the governor's executive order on the max # people in various types of establishments.).

Inside (I was buying a charging handle and some timing shims) - prices were up. Many shelves were bare. The number of semi-auto rifles was a small fraction of what they normally had. Concealed carry guns were in short supply. Ammo was marked up a bit, and big cases were missing.

People were polite, but there was a clear, dramatic, change in sales. Everybody was buying. Very little browsing.

I don't see this spike in demand for certain things (mouse guns, concealed carry guns, semi-auto rifles, ammo) diminishing anytime soon.

Last edited:
You'd think with all the panics and gluts we've seen over the past 10-30 years most everyone would have what they needed by now. But it continues.

Originally Posted by hatt
You'd think with all the panics and gluts we've seen over the past 10-30 years most everyone would have what they needed by now. But it continues.

It's not about needing.

Originally Posted by Astro14
I was surprised, with everything that's going on, that it was only seven months.

Friend finally got his right before rona popped, after a year.

The past few years the ammo was abundant and at low prices, the shelves were full of guns for sale at below list prices and all of a sudden kaboom there is a rush.
I guess products are better when scarce and marked up at ripoff prices.

Local big chain sporting goods store ammo section looked like it had been pillaged by Vikings. There was some .44 mag snake shot, .454 Casull, and some .50 S&W left but that was all the pistol ammo they had.

I'm well stocked up on my main calibers but wanted to pick up some .380 ACP for a new pistol I bought. Did get some mail ordered but finding an online vendor that had any stock took some work.

BSW

As a self professed cheap charlie I stocked up on ammo and guns when the price was down, figuring it could only go up when (not if) something happened. Any number of large events have happened - pandemic, riots, demands for reduced policing, actual reduced policing in response to prosecutions of actual and perceived police misdeeds, and perception that an upcoming possible regime change will make weapons and ammo harder or impossible to obtain.

Please don't take these opinions in the wrong direction and go political and get this thread locked.

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
I'm old. What is a "mouse gun"?

A small easily concealed pistol. Usually a smaller caliber like .22,.32,.380 etc.

Back