2006 Subaru legacy limited questions

86000 miles auto. Looks to be in good shape. It was given to me so I have no money in it. What are the opinions on this car?

Should I make it a rally cross car?

I have no idea what engine is in it. Pretty sure it's 4 cylinder. AT trans and AWD

If it runs and drives, then drive it like you stole it. There are other parts of the country where this would be desirable and could be sold for a premium over its worth in Florida.

It's a great car and a lot of fun. It does take premium fuel (older turbo) and gets pretty crappy gas mileage, but free is great. My mom had a 2005 Legacy GT for nearly a decade which I put at least 15k mi on. It was an awesome car other then a bad fuel injector replaced under warranty under 35k miles. There's a ton of commonality with the WRX so parts availability is great if you want to rally cross it.

Pretty sure that in order to get the turbo on the Limited, you need the GT Limited trim. This should be a N/A motor.

Man, what do you pay for car insurance yearly for all your vehicles ? I have a Subaru Baja 2.5L N/A engine -- they are good/reliable engines for the most part -- minus certain years with head gasket issues. Not super powerful or fast -- that I can tell you.

I had an '08 Legacy GT Limited Turbo with the 5speed. Loved that car! Dead reliable and ran very well. Sold it with 180k miles on it so I could get something a little better on fuel because it used Premium only and drank it fast!

They actually hold their value well and resell for a Limited is pretty decent if its in good shape.

Don't have any kids? in need or maybe your Maid or Caretaker?

Other wise sell it.

Your Fleet is full !
--

The preceding was free forum advice you didn't ask for or need.
**** " What do you want for Nuthin' ... " ****

Last edited:
Got it in the trailer. I had a choice between this and a Ford 8n. I'll get the 8n next time as it needs work.

Subaru is NA and for the 3 minutes it took to load seems to run fine. Pics and stuff when I get back to Florida

Unless you really want to keep the car long term....sell it before you need to change the timing belt, idlers, tensioner, and water ump. Head gaskets, rear wheel bearing, valve cover spark plug tube grommets, Those are the things that will be needed in the next 40 K miles. But you got it for free. Tranny is rock solid. Best I have ever seen. Put the money in it and its good for at least 230K miles.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Do you have a used car lot business ?

LoL. I like to drive, I have cars for fun but I think I will sell the 951 because I don't drive it enough. Probably use the Subaru for dirt autocross for awhile and see what happens.

I can't post pictures from my phone but I'm not sure it's a limited. For sure no turbo, seems to run fine with no weird noises.

very dirty but in good shape

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ok been driving this car around a little and I have 1 question for you Subaru guys --

Um, where is the power band in this car
sleep.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted by JustN89
Pretty sure that in order to get the turbo on the Limited, you need the GT Limited trim. This should be a N/A motor.

Ahh, you're probably right. It was the GT Limited. I didn't realize the N/A motor was also offered in the Limited trim.

Last edited:
Ok been driving this car around a little and I have 1 question for you Subaru guys --

Um, where is the power band in this car
sleep.gif
lol.gif

I had a similar car new back in 2004.

There were 2 versions of the NA engine

I had the 137bhp version, single cam if i remwmber correctly.

You had to rev it hard to get any performance

There was a later version which I think was twin cam and that had around 150bhp.

I think that was better but still had to be revved.

Mine had the 4 speed AT aswell and it was a little jerky but robust.

Back