NAPA 5W30 Conventional ?

Thanks - I am currently using Valvoline Advance Synthetic in newer vehicles , so the fact that Valvoline is making the NAPA conventional 5W30 should be good for a older Trailblazer 4.2L I have in the stable .

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
Thanks - I am currently using Valvoline Advance Synthetic in newer vehicles , so the fact that Valvoline is making the NAPA conventional 5W30 should be good for a older Trailblazer 4.2L I have in the stable .

Conventional doesn't meet Dexos.

Originally Posted by tiger862

May not need it depending how old the Trailblazer is.

Conventional doesn't mean conventional.

Originally Posted by wemay

*2002 Trailblazer with 4.2L V6 engine which takes 7 qrts. of oil.

Originally Posted by wemay

*2002 Trailblazer with 4.2L V6 engine which takes 7 qrts. of oil.

Not to nit pick but are you sure that engine is a V?

Ahhhh.... The days when VWB was the most vilified oil on BiTOG. Must have been some magic in those silver bottles.

Just goes to show we are not immune to Lemming Syndrome.

Originally Posted by Gene K
Ahhhh.... The days when VWB was the most vilified oil on BiTOG. Must have been some magic in those silver bottles.

Just goes to show we are not immune to Lemming Syndrome.

Used VWB 5W30 with an OCI of every 3K miles / 3 months in a new 1993 Dodge Grand Caravan V-6 ... What a sludge monster that thing became (probably the vehicle engine design and not the oil) !

This NAPA conventional looks like good stuff and cheap cheap when on sale. Once my Full synthetic stash runs out, I may use that in the Santa Fe every 5K. She will have well over 200K by then and my youngest son will be driving it (he starts his sophomore year in high school this Fall.)

Back