Another deal I could not pass up

Down the street from me is a dirt lot that people have been using for a big yard sale spot.

Saw some oil there so I stopped. They had lots of oils! I found 2 cases of Chevron 10w-30 there so I nabbed those. Paid $60 for the 2 cases which is $2.50/qt. No tax and no return fee.

Seemed like a fair deal to me. Hoping the oils were not looted.

IMG_20200620_134650.jpg

Yeah that's a solid deal man...

Wish I could get Chevron Supreme in my area that was closer by... I have seen it at a store 44 miles west of me in Petersburg.

Seems reasonable for conventional oil. A quick search says you saved at least 75 cents per quart off Walmart's price.

I remember when Kragen was selling Chevron Supreme cases for 49 cents/quart after rebate. That was a great deal for the Saturn driver.

I pay 2$/qt for full syn.

not a stockup type sale but better than AAP/autozone/etc

My very old Tacoma loves Chevron Supreme 10W30. I guess it's dino or much closer to it ...
truck burns oil with CS 5W30 (syn-blend).
I used to buy both at Costco but they replaced it with Kirkland Syn.

Originally Posted by CR94
If $60= $2.50/quart, that means 24 quarts/case, which means it's likely several decades old. Maybe about SF vintage?

he said 2 cases so 12/case

Originally Posted by Rand
Yes, I realized a little too late he meant $60 total, not $60 each.

Weren't you getting some no-name oil from pep boys for $20/case a while back?

Originally Posted by Rand
Originally Posted by CR94
If $60= $2.50/quart, that means 24 quarts/case, which means it's likely several decades old. Maybe about SF vintage?

SN+ rated

Originally Posted by eljefino
Weren't you getting some no-name oil from pep boys for $20/case a while back?

Not pep boys but another place thats gone now. They sold "Carlube" for 20/case of 12 and it had the SN rating

Back