HF impact set

Job

As much as I say I don't buy from HF unless it is required for life or death, I bought their 37 piece impact socket set. $30 minus 20% plus shipping and tax. It is made in Taiwan so that's not PRC. Very accurate broaching measured a few of them. Seems to cover all sizes as 19mm = 3/4 " well enough and so on. Also got the 3/8 extension set $8 and swivel 1/2 and 3/8 set for another $8, all made in Taiwan.
I have no big every day need for these so the price was the factor, pleased with them not made in China. I can't go so far as to buy a strangely named set from Amazon, not really returnable after some time, but these are.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have the 1/2 impact deep sockets, the 1/2 impact regular sockets. got both for 20 each after coupon. I have the extension set too but different swivels. Great quality and made in Taiwan, very happy.

Last edited:
I have that 37 PC set and they work great. My only complaint is that the numbers are hard to read. Fortunately there is an easy fix...I dabbed some of my daughter's nail polish in the numbers and can now read them without my reading glasses.
[Linked Image]

I have this same set.

Used and abused for 4 years so far and has held up well. Good set for junkyarding IMO. Small case and all you need is a ratchet(s).

Originally Posted by justintendo
geez no 16mm either? what are you supposed to do with these sets? hope you dont run into certain size fasteners or you are stopped in your tracks?

The lower cost sets often omit sized that are redundant between metric and SAE. A 5/8" socket will fit 16mm applications.

The 18mm seems to be the only one that is too far off to match an inch size. I never used an 18 in my life but have probably 10 of them in non impact, so I think I am covered for a non professional . For $3 I bought an 18 Sunex anyway. 14 mm and 9/16 are a bit off each other but can work. This set has those separately.

Back