New tool thread

Figured this place needs a thread to condense all the new tool posts. If not oh well...
[Linked Image]

Some new Williams 3/8" sockets

[Linked Image]

Some new Williams 1/2" sockets

[Linked Image]

And...some new 3/4" sockets (the torque wrenches are dwarfed by that 3/4" drive)

[Linked Image]

Some new flare nut wrenches, along with some old ones

[Linked Image]

My shop has a beer fridge. Bought a case of this to stock it. Good stuff. Reminds me of my ex-wife...

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by jhellwig
Figured this place needs a thread to condense all the new tool posts. If not oh well...
[Linked Image]

Is that a Gearwrench set? Where'd you find that?

Astro's Belgian IPA sounds interesting. Too hot for that here. Budweiser for me. Lol.

My newest tool is a fuel pressure tester from HF. So far, I'm losing this thread. In beer and tools.

Originally Posted by dlundblad
Originally Posted by jhellwig
[Linked Image]

Is that a Gearwrench set? Where'd you find that?

Nope. Milwaukee. They are very well built from the first look. Haven't used them yet. I liked what this set had in it for the price. Not to much and not to little. $120 for the 1/4" and $180 for the 3/8"

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Little_Lebowski
My shop has a beer fridge. Bought a case of this to stock it. Good stuff. Reminds me of my ex-wife...

The Name or her alcohol content??

Name. Absolutely the name.

The alcohol content helps dull the pain of that chapter in my life...

Last edited:
Just picked up a couple new makita tools, first the brushless reciprocating saw the xrj05 and then the brushless impact XWT08Z which is the big dog. Both amazing tools. The impact wrench is unbelievably powerful to the point it either breaks or removes everything.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by R1jake
Just picked up a couple new makita tools, first the brushless reciprocating saw the xrj05 and then the brushless impact XWT08Z which is the big dog. Both amazing tools. The impact wrench is unbelievably powerful to the point it either breaks or removes everything.

I've got several of the 18v LXT tools, including drill, driver, oscillating multi-tool, reciprocating saw, string trimmer, leaf blower, and yep, an impact.

I got the XWT14Z. A really impressive tool. Smaller than my 1/2" drill. Very compact. A ton of power. Runs all day on one battery.

Makita makes really great cordless tools.

Originally Posted by ajchien
Originally Posted by Astro14
Never mind. I tried but don't feel like figuring out how to import an image.

A couple of clicks...it's right there in the reply header...

See this thread for details. It's really easy...

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5453050/can-someone-explain#Post5453050

Ok. Trying again ... Hein Werner 93652

[Linked Image]

Wow that is a nice jack, is that like a long reach low profile?? I have the HF low profile and really like the long reach of it.

[/quote]

Wow that is a nice jack, is that like a long reach low profile?? I have the HF low profile and really like the long reach of it. [/quote]

I agree that a "slightly longer chassis" than average can be very helpful and was one of my major considerations when choosing this jack. My vehicles range from compact SUVs to full size vans, so chassis length is more important than low profile. The van (with side steps making it harder) has a pretty deep jackpoint at 26" in from the edge of the vehicle. This HW jack barely makes it with the handle still fully outside so I can get full handle pump strokes. Sure, a shorter jack will work, I have an older "Normal sized" HF jack, and when it reaches the Jack point, I can only move the handle 2" at a time Which is aggravating.

Hein Werner does not make any low profile jacks. Min height is 5"and high height is 24".

The chassis length is the 32", which is slightly longer than your "average" jack, but Hein Werner's long chassis jacks are 49-54". Here is a size comparison with an older harbor Freight 3 ton jack which is at 26" (Model 34271, bought about 10 years ago, was leaking from the main tank for almost 10 years until I just fixed it last week).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:

Hein Werner does not make any low profile jacks. Min height is 5"and high height is 24".

I took those numbers from some internet ad. I just went out to measure. Min height is 4-1/4" and max 23-3/4".

Back