Ecoboost and costco oil

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Ecoboost engines only require oils rated for API 'SN'. Nothing more. I'm sure the Costco oil meets this spec so it will be fine.

It requires oil with specification WSS-M2C946-A. I'm not sure if the oil in question is approved for the application. Maybe the OP could verify the specification on the bottle for us.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by OilUzer
I miss Chevron Supreme. Costco has no room for it now that Kirkland took over ...

If I had a gdi turbo, I would use something thicker that Kirkland has to offer. I haven't seen any Kirkland thicker than xW20.

Don't- it is back at the same old price it used to be-even the 5w30 and it is SN+
Walmart-Amazon of course

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Originally Posted by nlife
Costco is currently selling their Kirkland oil for $21.49 CAD per 4.73L jug in my area.
Neil

Costco sells their oil in boxes with 2 5 quart containers in the US. Is this not true in Canada?

I haven't seen it in my local store, but then again I haven't been to Costco since Covid-19 hit. I do know it's sold in the 2 jug box online for $42.99. I just divided the price to show the comparison of what I paid for a jug of PP in my stash vs Kirkland.

Originally Posted by GSCJR
Ecoboost engines only require oils rated for API 'SN'. Nothing more. I'm sure the Costco oil meets this spec so it will be fine.

It requires oil with specification WSS-M2C946-A. I'm not sure if the oil in question is approved for the application. Maybe the OP could verify the specification on the bottle for us.

Nope, Ford recommends oil that meets that spec. They don't require it. There is a difference.

Nope, Ford recommends oil that meets that spec. They don't require it. There is a difference.

Is it even possible to meet SN+ and not meet Ford's Spec? Much less D1G2?

Last edited:

I stand corrected.

Back