Tungsten and Stainless Steel recoil spring set ups

I have a Glock 30 and Glock 26 that I was thinking about changing the polymer to a metal set up. Worth the effort and cost?

I upgraded to a steel rod with increased spring rate for my G20 (10mm) to better handle full pressure loads.

My other Glocks all run great with the factory recoil setup. Never a problem.

So, worth the effort and cost if you have a specific performance issue that you're trying to address, like improving consistency under high-pressure loads. Or if you just want to experiment.

But for a stock Glock, in normal use, I doubt you'll see an improvement that justifies the cost.

Last edited:
Tungsten if you have G42 380 is a must from Glockstore. It doesnt like low power(<95 gr) or reloads on factory recoil spring. Traded for Browning 1911 380 and upgraded recoil spring assembly parts to SS.

While I love tweaking stuff in general I look at the Glock as a tool not a toy. As such reliability is paramount and I leave them stock.

I do not own a Glock . But my guess is , if it ain't broke , do not fix it . Unless there is a specific issyou you are going to address .

Save that money , buy ammo and practice .

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
How many rounds a year do you plan to fire the Glock ?

1500-2000 rounds each.

Originally Posted by Marco620
Tungsten if you have G42 380 is a must from Glockstore. It doesnt like low power(div>

My wife has a new G42 and has had a few issues and she's experienced so it isn't limp wristing. Maybe breaking in but my other Glocks were great out of the box after a lubing before first shots.
I like Sig Sauer ammo and just bought some 100 grain ,380 and I'll see what happens. If there's still a bit of an issue, I'll go with a SS or tungsten set up.
My Sig P365 has a metal guide rod. I changed to a stainless steel guide rod in my Kahr P380 and Sig290RS. Basically a feel good change.

Back