AAP Home Delivery

Currently visiting family and my uncle's windshield wipers are so shot it was scary driving his car to dinner the other night. We ordered up some wiper blades thru AAP and noticed the free same day delivery option. Never used it before but the stuff is set to be delivered later on today via a shipping partner. I'm interested in seeing how this service works.

It would probably make more sense to have their regular parts runners make these deliveries, with priority going to repair shops, of course.

Yes it works ,and it's the best thing ever done by advance Auto,the delivery people are Uber/Roadie app employee's,(GIG Drivers). It's wonderful because I can order something while at work ands it's sitting on the step when I get home.I also got some gear oil on a Saturday recently,I gave the guy a 5 dollar tip,felt bad he drove 25 miles on rainy Saturday. But I guess the app pays them a decent amount to deliver the stuff. But yea it works great,never had a bad delivery person or any missing pieces to the order,best part it's FREE

I ordered a $1 foot of fuel hose and it was delivered by the 4th closest store. Shortly thereafter they set a low minimum. The guy delivering it had a van with a trailer with a kayak on it!

Autozone is doing something similar. About time! I hated that "real" shops were able to get delivery but not us weekend warriors.

Originally Posted by eljefino
I ordered a $1 foot of fuel hose and it was delivered by the 4th closest store. Shortly thereafter they set a low minimum. The guy delivering it had a van with a trailer with a kayak on it!

Autozone is doing something similar. About time! I hated that "real" shops were able to get delivery but not us weekend warriors.

AAP had this service about 10 years ago here and it never caught on. I think they charged a few bucks for it.

Originally Posted by ford46guy
Originally Posted by eljefino

AAP had this service about 10 years ago here and it never caught on. I think they charged a few bucks for it.

I think it was called PDQ. I call Napa on weekends and since they drive by all the time they drop off oil and filters for me. Still glad I can avoid Walmart.

Back