Ebay -WOW

Heh, you can't make this stuff up. Hopefully they'll have a nice, long, timeout from life to think about their conduct.

I'll still buy from ebay, can't blame the sellers for the conduct of a few rotten eggs.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Malicious people in high places ... who needs 'em.

My feelings about Amazon

Lawsuit sure to follow. One can only hope the couple gets a $7 figure settlement for damages. This one is real.

Originally Posted by Pablo
I may just drop Ebay altogether.

But you won't. Simply because it's a way to keep your business running.
Sure, there's other reputable ways of selling on the internet, but they aren't nearly as well established or recognized.

In the end big corps will continue to harass and belittle those who do not agree with their business strategies.
coffee2.gif

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy

Sure, there's other reputable ways of selling on the internet, but they aren't nearly as well established or recognized.

In the end big corps will continue to harass and belittle those who do not agree with their business strategies.
coffee2.gif

I do no business at all on Ebay. Sell and buy a few personal items over the last 20 years or so.

No not all or even many big companies do this (name some that have gone this far). This is fairly extreme, a product of unchecked groupthink yes, but also internet bullying on steriods. They seemed to have been enjoying themselves.

coffee2.gif

I do no business at all on Ebay. Sell and buy a few personal items over the last 20 years or so.

No not all or even many big companies do this (name some that have gone this far). This is fairly extreme, a product of unchecked groupthink yes, but also internet bullying on steriods. They seemed to have been enjoying themselves.

I apologize. I was under the belief that as an Amsoil rep, you are able to use Ebay. Nice to hear that's not the case.

My use of ebay is similar. I only purchased an item once every few years or so.

I think the drastic measures by upper management is indicative of the companies financial stability (read "not good").
With many free sites popping up since the early 00's (CL, Kijiji, Facebook Marketplace etc.), I'm sure things aren't as peachy as they once were.
27.gif

I quit anything & everything Ebay about one year ago. I even blocked their website from contacting me.

I heard this on Tuesday on a news podcast, WSJ I think. Simply unbelievable.

Seems it would have been easier to fix the problems than to go to such unethical extremes.

I think the drastic measures by upper management is indicative of the companies financial stability (read "not good").
With many free sites popping up since the early 00's (CL, Kijiji, Facebook Marketplace etc.), I'm sure things aren't as peachy as they once were.
27.gif

They sure look like they aren't losing much traction:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/507881/ebays-annual-net-revenue/

You might wake up next to a cut-off horse's head tomorrow.
lol.gif

Back