New dual mass flywheel and clutch

Hi there!

I've got Renault Scenic 3, 2012. with ~145000 km on the clock.
Unfortunately, it seems that it is time to replace the dual mass flywheel and clutch set.

I have 3 options to choose from:
- Valeo
- LuK
- Sachs

They are all similar in price, Valeo was the cheapest and LuK was most expensive. But, the difference was in 20-30€ range...
I thought that Valeo was OEM supplier, so I went on and ordered one. Now I have discovered that OEM supplier was actually LuK and I am having second thoughts whether I should send Valeo back and order LuK instead. This would mean I need to pay a bit more for the part and the shipping fee, but in turn I should get the same part as used by Renault.
What do you say? Does it even matter which brand I choose, since I have been reading praises and curses coming from all three sides?

Thanks!

Last edited:
No matter, if the parts are not directly from the dealer they are all "service grade" parts which is a step below OE. It is quite possible all 3 come from the same manufacturer just different brand markings and packaging.

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
What is a dual mass flywheel ?

It's basically a 2 piece flywheel that has heavy springs inside of it to absorb any harsh shocks.

i had genuine clutch from ford dealership. was in ford box and had part numbers on it but also had a sachs logo on it too.

Back