Is this a good buy?

i3 9100F
1660 Super 6gb
8gb DDR4 2400mhz ram
1tb 7200 RPM HDD

$699.99

And will the i3 bottleneck the 1660 super?

gV8d7Zz

If that is what you want; I would future proof it by getting 16Gb and I would not buy a machine without an SSD;

SSD for OS and data, spinning HDD for archiving, backups. JMO

Based on the bottleneck I think I'll settle for an Acer Nitro 5 with an I5 and 1050 gtx

I'll pass based on the bottleneck. Acer has a nitro 5 laptop with a i5 and and a gtx 1050 for about $750

Originally Posted by Hemispheres
I'll pass based on the bottleneck. Acer has a nitro 5 laptop with a i5 and and a gtx 1050 for about $750

that makes even less sense.

IIRC: a 1660super is about 3x as fast as a 1050.

laptop I would look for SSD, 16GB ram, and a ryzen 4000 series.

I thought the bottleneck would be severe, but YouTube is showing otherwise. I'll get the desktop.

Alright I've finally made my mind up. I'm going the laptop route so I dont have to buy a monitor and speakers.

I've decided on a higher end version of the Acer Nitro 5.

15.6" screen
i7 processor
RTX 2060
16gb DDR4 RAM
SSD

Amazon has it for about 1,020 dollars which is a steal.

They're letting you bring a computer into the court-ordered mental health institution that you're confined to?

I'm on the honors unit so we can have laptops, cell phones and gaming systems. They just recently put TVs in all of our rooms.

Well I keep finding more injuries from getting struck by a car 5 weeks ago so when I get my insurance settlement I may just go ahead and purchase a high end gaming desktop. By the time I get my money the RTX 40XX series will probably be out.

This thread is all over the place but by your jumble of words in the original post, I would say no thats not a good deal.

Techbargains had a dell gaming computer the other day for 699 that seemed like a better deal.

This thread is all over the place but by your jumble of words in the original post, I would say no thats not a good deal.

Techbargains had a dell gaming computer the other day for 699 that seemed like a better deal.

Well I was originally going for mid range setup so I didn't have to spend too much but after finding out I have a broken rib and also waiting to have an MRI done on my knee to see if I tore anything I realized I'll be getting quite a bit more than I expected from the insurance company. After that I figured I'd go for a full blown 4k, ultra settings setup.

I’m running a 1070ti with my original 1st-gen i7-920 Nehalem and run modern games on mid-high settings @ 60+ FPS. I seriously doubt that i3 will bottleneck a 1660.

Back