Walmart Deal???

Hey guys please let me know about this deal. I saw a post on this website in the "Rebates and Deals" where he bought some Goodyear tires at a clearance price. I did some research and I found some General Grabbers SXT 275 60 20 for $79.00. I emailed General Tire and they said the SXT is comparable to the HT. The SXT model is a Walmart exclusive but they are on clearance. I think it's a very good price. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I was going to buy used tires but this might be a better deal.

We put a set on our Highlander just a few months ago. We now have around 7,500 miles on them and they are a good, quiet tire. Plenty of rain driving (no problems) but never had any snow driving to speak of. We've had a set of the Grabber HTS before, and they were probably the best tires we've had on the truck in over 250,000 miles of driving. We're hoping the STX will be just as good - for $79, go for it.

Originally Posted by mannymachine
Hey guys please let me know about this deal. I saw a post on this website in the "Rebates and Deals" where he bought some Goodyear tires at a clearance price. I did some research and I found some General Grabbers SXT 275 60 20 for $79.00. I emailed General Tire and they said the SXT is comparable to the HT. The SXT model is a Walmart exclusive but they are on clearance. I think it's a very good price. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I was going to buy used tires but this might be a better deal.

That was me and the prices and deals are 100% legit !!
cool.gif
I like to think of it more like a "Summer time Black Friday" deal lol.
thumbsup2.gif

I'm actually picking up a extra set of LT 16" tires for my Silverado HD this week cause I don't think we'll EVER see prices this low again in a LONG time.
crazy2.gif
Also it doesn't hurt haggling with store manager on price since it saved me ADDITIONAL $50 from marked clearance price on all 4 tires. I was only wanting to buy a spare tire for my Suburban, But I ended up walking out with a full set when I saw the OTD price for all 4 lol

Good luck
thumbsup2.gif

Dave

Last edited:
Jump on that deal quickly before it goes back up. I'd much rather have those than the GY tires.

Well I bought the tires today! I don't need them installed yet. I will get them installed by the first of the year. It was a good price and I will need them in the future. Walmart would not sell me a road hazard plan due to them being on clearance. They were $347.00 out the door.

Last edited:
Back