Google Chrome

Al

Finally ditched this browser. Just too many veried problems..search yields mega adds, can't use Lastpass, just one thing after another. Now using Firefos. I was less than thrilled with it in the past. But better than Google. I still have a ChromeBook which is decent but I would not buy it again.

Interesting, Google Chrome used to be to go-to to get away from Microsoft Explorer. So you're saying Google Chrome has run its course?

Yea..I am not ditching it but right now Firefox works better (for me). And as far as ChromeBook it is(for me) counter intuitive with respect to file structure and overall layout. The good thing it does not seem susceptable to hacking. And that is why I abandoned Windows and went to Ubuntu

I dumped both Chrome and Firefox and went to Edge (Chromium engine). Very impressed with the speed and lower resource use and since the Chrome plug-ins/add-ins work with it, the transition for me was easy.

Firefox and Firefox close cousin Comodo Dragon for me these days.
The new Microsoft Edge I downloaded last week and immediately disliked finally allowed me to uninstall it...... Yipee!!!

All the years Edge has been on the market, we never could uninstall it........ until now.

I mainly use Firefox but sometimes use Chromium, the open-source version of Chrome without Google's secret sauce.

Been using Firefox since its inception. It was one of the first if not the first to enable you the opportunity to completely block pop-up ads. I don't trust Chrome as I feel like I am allowing a Google trojan into the PC. Bad enough that I use gmail and Google for searches. Happy with Firefox so far.

Too many adds with Chrome, and Google knew too much about me. I now use Brave....and Google and YouTube don't like me now....Brave blocks their cookies.

Originally Posted by Al
Finally ditched this browser. Just too many veried problems..search yields mega adds, can't use Lastpass, just one thing after another. Now using Firefos. I was less than thrilled with it in the past. But better than Google. I still have a ChromeBook which is decent but I would not buy it again.

Some Chrome files still remain after you uninstall it. I found this out and cannot get rid of them. Probably to track.

Originally Posted by OTCW
I use Chrome on my windows laptop and Chromium on my Linux laptop. Can't tell the difference.

No baked-in Google account funny business, no built-in Flash Player, no built-in PDF reader. Most Linux distros have the latter two available in repositories to bring you up to feature parity w/ Chrome.

Originally Posted by Blkstanger
I ditched Chrome a few years ago for Opera. Never looked back.

I went to (the now Chromium-based) Opera fairly recently, too: 1) It features a passable "VPN" which allows me to access US-only media and 2) the mobile version has the ad-blocking and extensions available; Chrome does not. Other than that it'll do everything Chrome does.

Back