Budweiser Nitro Gold???

Has anyone tried the new Bud Nitro Gold. Tried some last night and it's a little funky. You don't drink it out of the can, but instead pour it into a glass. Not the traditional way of pouring, but instead pour it straight down. As in the can is vertical.

Amber color, and nice head, but tastes flat to me. Not very refreshing, needs more bite, or fizz, and I'm a big Anheuser Busch fan.

Anyone else try it??

Originally Posted by FADEC
Amber color, and nice head, but tastes flat to me. Not very refreshing, needs more bite, or fizz,

Typical nitro beer uses about 70% nitrogen and 30% carbon dioxide, so that means it's significantly less carbonated than a regular beer, hence it feels flat/no fizz.

Yea, I've tried it. Nice flavor, but like stated above, it's flat. Like if you left a can opened overnight in the fridge. Not a fan of the nitro beers. Guinness nitro draft is the same. Give me a regular Guinness stout any day.

Oh God, flat owl whiz, that's awful.
37.gif
Makes me feel sick just reading about it.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by FADEC
Amber color, and nice head, but tastes flat to me. Not very refreshing, needs more bite, or fizz,

Typical nitro beer uses about 70% nitrogen and 30% carbon dioxide, so that means it's significantly less carbonated than a regular beer, hence it feels flat/no fizz.

I agree. I find anything that is heavy on nitro gives a bit of a creamy mouth feel (looking at you, Starbucks Nitro Cold Brew) but not much in the way of "fizz".

That doesn't sound so good. With so many great beers out there I have no idea why people fool with mega beer schemes. This must be the 800th Bud/Bud Light offshoot. If you like cheap beer buy Natty/Busch. If you want good beer buy some quality craft. The premium cheap beer thing is an outdated market.

Did you shake it like they say? Supposed to make a big difference in the pour. I've tried it, I found it to be ok, but then again, I'm not a big beer drinker at all anymore.

I've had it. I wanted a little more maltiness from it. Not bad, but I liked the other special editions better. I used to bash Budweiser as a teen before, ahem, I became of age to drink but since I started brewing my own beer I oddly enough began buying Bud. It's a good garage beer or those days you don't want an IPA.

Originally Posted by ctechbob
Did you shake it like they say? Supposed to make a big difference in the pour. I've tried it, I found it to be ok, but then again, I'm not a big beer drinker at all anymore.

Yes shook it like they stated. Not bad, but will probably not buy again. I guess I just need more carbonation. Especially after a afternoon of mowing grass!

There is much better beer out there, but if someone hands me a regular Bud, I won't reject it. It's the "Light" stuff that I find awful.

Originally Posted by PowerSurge
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Buttwiper
37.gif

Made from Clydesdale urine.

Haha!
laugh.gif

Back