My first "Big Boy" tool box

The last (and first) tool box I bought was around 2002 when our local Sears was going out of business. It was a bottom of the barrel Craftsman with slide drawers...but I was happy as a pig in mud finally having a real tool box. Well, nearly 20 years later, I have out-grown that box as well as about 50% of the drawer slides are broken, stuck, or just not working. I finally decided to shell out some $$$ and get a big boy box - even with real bearing slides! I know its not top of the line, but I am super happy and proud!

104271972_10158279722174185_5989188736411334154_n.jpg

When I worked at Sears for hobby money I would see things like tool boxes brought out of the back room and sold as discontinued for super cheap $$. They do not last long, but working there I would see them. That is how I got my second tool chest. (And employee discount).

Originally Posted by JustN89
Looks great to me! Time to throw some stickers on it!
lol.gif

One of my tool boxes acquired in 1970 has among others, a Stewart/Warner decal from a set of gauges I installed on a 1972 Ford with a 400 cu in Cleveland. Easy install on vehicles of that era. Wouldn't even think about doing that on today's front wheel drive vehicles.Big pita.

Back