Oil not being replenished at Walmart.

Both WM by me are stacked. Pennzoil products look like they aren't budging. Mobil products are running low on shelves but if you look 5 feet to the left there's large "bulk sale" displays of a crap ton of mobil 1 oil. Except their bulk sale costs more than the rollback sale of whatever is on the shelf, however that works.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by wemay
I've noticed the empty oil shelves too. I think it's because the suppliers want to introduce API SP in large quantity rather than trickle in.

Yep that's my guess. Every brand, weight,etc,was on Rollback.

Yeah I think wemay is right about this possibility...

I noticed this when I visited my local Great Walmart of China yesterday, they were surprisingly low on many 5 quart jugs of the most commonly available oils. I thought it was strange, as if they were running low and just had not restocked as of yet or something.

Within the past week or two Walmart has been doing their annual inventory. The store close to use finished theirs almost two weeks ago.

I heard Walmart is getting out of the business of selling automotive fluids (oil, ATF, gear oil, etc).

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
I heard Walmart is getting out of the business of selling automotive fluids (oil, ATF, gear oil, etc).

lol that would be something....

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if it was true
wink.gif

Off to Amazon then I guess.

That would SUCK! Imagine us all becoming victims of audio parts chains $10 a quart old faded leaky dusty covered in cobwebs dino juice!

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if it was true
wink.gif

Mine either...

I can get Dexos approval oil from Federated Auto for $3.69 a qt everyday.. or Cam2 Dexos approved oil for $3.49 a qt everyday price.

Or even a Mobil 1 EP Mobil 1 oil filter combo from AAP for 35.99... Which is the same price it is at Wally world with the oil bring on roll back at 25.58... if that is not on roll back it's total is $39 at Wally world..

Even the $33.99 Valvoline Advanced full synthetic or Pennzoil platinum or Castrol Egde and a Mobil 1 filter now... Is ok reasonable... Wally world with those oils being on roll back and a Mobil 1 oil filter would be $33... Those oils at regular price at Wally world it would be $35.97. AAP has been doing just a simple roll over sale month to month for quite awhile now. So it actually has made it a lot closer or even cheaper at times there than WW.

I just wish a Rural King would come to my area.... Very solid deals there everyday.

Yeah I can get what I need either at NAPA or Fleet and Farm or Amazon,makes no difference to me.

Although some people may not like Wal-mart, big box retatial does bring competition to the market. That is the nature of capitalism.

Who told you that?

I can't imagine Walmart getting out of the automotive fluid business. With how expensive it is at the auto parts stores and during an economic downturn. I imagine the blank shelves that people are setting are from a lot more people DIYing their oil change.

Originally Posted by nlife
Although some people may not like Wal-mart, big box retatial does bring competition to the market. That is the nature of capitalism.

Seems like Autozone, AAP, O'Reillys etc didn't get that memo. They routinely sell the same oils that Walmart did but for $10+ each (for 5-qt packaging). Of course, they try and make it into a "deal" by selling the oil plus a so-so filter. You can have a shop change the oil for almost what these stores charge !

Originally Posted by Miller88
I can't imagine Walmart getting out of the automotive fluid business. With how expensive it is at the auto parts stores and during an economic downturn. I imagine the blank shelves that people are setting are from a lot more people DIYing their oil change.

Apparently it's supposed to be because the engine oil makers are going to start producing / shipping API SP oil....
crazy2.gif

Back