TW Seal & Shine

I was excited about trying this product after I saw that so many people in this forum rant and rave about it. I'm glad it was only $8. I applied it to a section of the hood, and no amount of wiping or buffing would get rid of the blotchy look it left. I grabbed my trusty bottle of Collinite 845 and finished my vehicle and it looked awesome! IMO, the TW S&S doesn't hold a candle to Collinite in terms of looks, or ease of use...

Ya know, I was wondering how the TWS&S worked 'cause I wanted to buy some. Now I think I'll skip it. I don't want more streaks on the paint. I've been happy with Meguiar's Ultimate detailing products(Gold Class High Gloss QD, Ultimate Quick Detail, Ultimate Quick Wax) which isn't really a wax. You can put it anywhere(flat black, textured plastics, glass etc.)

NOW, these^^^ are only detailing products so, protection is limited. However, I love the feel & shine especially on BLACK, CHARCOAL & NAVY colors and they streak much less and are way easier to buff out the smudge/streaks, than other detail products on dark color paints.

Maybe due to reviews like this, TWS&S will be on the shelves of BigLot's & OLLIE's(discount/closeout stores) for Cheap in the near future. You wouldn't believe the nice detailing products that I've gotten for $2-$3 on closeout due to lack of sales.

Last edited:
I also encountered streaks with TW S&S the first time I tried it. After posting about it here and trying again, I determined that my issue occurred because I did not completely dry the car before applying. No problems since then...now I just wash the car with dish soap and water, and then clay bar to remove as much junk as possible. Blow dry with a leaf blower, followed by wipe dry with MF towel. Then apply S&S with a clean MF towel. Probably the best shine I have ever seen with little effort.

Last edited:
It has to be applied very sparingly and remove any streaks with a little more product or a damp microfibre cloth

Originally Posted by dervdave
It has to be applied very sparingly and remove any streaks with a little more product or a damp microfibre cloth

^This. I've used it and this is correct.

Originally Posted by buster

^^^^^Ditto^^^^^^

It sounds like the OP took the lazy way out on this product. Didn't follow instructions. He should just use nu finish and then he would get a great shine if he would follow their instructions. He would also get a long lasting shine at that. But, he would need to follow up and apply a second coat ( of nu finish ) with in 30 days. It is in the instructions. I always get great results when I follow the instructions with whatever I use. Oh well......

Originally Posted by buster

This is correct I'd bet...

Because I have used the Turtle wax ice spray wax and that is true with it too.

Last edited:
Just used TW S&S this past weekend. OP, was it applied in direct Sun?

I used 2 towel method...one to spread product (towel eventually gets damp) and wipe up with my polishing towel. No streaking for me...However did some sections in the sun and reduced my panel size to avoid problems.

Applied over existing polymer sealant...not as slick as P&S Beadmaker but happy with it.

I am a big fan of these as a topper between washes. Used on plastics and windows...good stuff IMHO. Will see how it lasts.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by hummdrumm
Did you do any prep or did you apply product over existing wax?

Washed, clayed, and dried before using...

Originally Posted by billpace1956
It sounds like the OP took the lazy way out on this product. Didn't follow instructions. He should just use nu finish and then he would get a great shine if he would follow their instructions. He would also get a long lasting shine at that. But, he would need to follow up and apply a second coat ( of nu finish ) with in 30 days. It is in the instructions. I always get great results when I follow the instructions with whatever I use. Oh well......

I used the product exactly as the directions on the bottle said to use it...and I'd rather wax my vehicle with mud than use that junk in the orange bottle...the Collinite is far superior to that garbage...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by mbacfp
Just used TW S&S this past weekend. OP, was it applied in direct Sun?

No. My vehicle was in the garage and the surface it was applied to was cool to the touch...

Did you shake the bottle well first? I have excellent results with it.

Originally Posted by grampi
Originally Posted by billpace1956

I used the product exactly as the directions on the bottle said to use it...and I'd rather wax my vehicle with mud than use that junk in the orange bottle...the Collinite is far superior to that garbage...

The Turtle wax Ice bottle is black and red...yours is orange? Anyway, my 6 year old son wanted to spray on the paint and I was chasing over spraying, etc. I used a lower pile towel to spread product and my nice high pile towel to buff off. Only time I noticed some potential streaking was when I was buffing off with a warm surface and in direct sunlight.

[Linked Image]

My buffing towel.

[Linked Image]

2-3 months of protection for little to no effort in application is great.

Originally Posted by PimTac
The orange bottle reference is to another product.

Oh, ok.

Absolutely love the stuff and and some of the vehicle's I've used it on had badly neglected surfaces.

Back