Favorite Tool Brand

Older craftsman, wright tool wrenches, snap on flare nut wrenches.I have usa made craftsman screwdrivers, not sure what i would replace those with, definitely not current craftsman.

Mastercraft at Canadian Tire. Have never busted one. Regularly on sale. What's not to like.
smile.gif

I have a good deal of Craftsman and a decent amount of SK. All my craftsman stuff was US made, I wouldn't buy it now. It was good enough and good value for what it was. While I do have a 3/8 and 1/4 so ratchet, the craftsman ones are fine. I like Armstrong and Stanley Proto as well.

My favorite socket set is a complete 1/4" drive set from SK in its own container.

I like wiha and pb Swiss screwdrivers, but for most stuff the Husky made in USA line from HD is my go to. When I want a ratcheting one, the soft grip ones from snap on are the best I've found and are my go to.

I have snap on ratchet wrenches, but I don't know that they're great compared to cheaper ones I've used. I do like my wright non ratcheting combination wrenches, as well as my hazet wrenches and sockets.

I try to find best value in a first world source, not be tied to any one brand.

I make my living with Snapon hand tools. I like how the ratchets feel. I like how the hard handled screwdrivers feel in my hand. I like how tight the sockets bite, which in the rust belt can be the difference between getting the bolt out or not. I like the flank drive plus open end wrenches. I really like that if I break something all it takes is a text message to my snapon dealer to get it replaced.

Tough choice, depends entirely on what the tool is and what I'm doing. In no particular order; Hazet, Stahlwille, Knipex and PS Swiss, alongside Kyoto, Asahi and Mitoloy.

I like Snap On and Williams tools as well, although I specifically look for their products made in the U.S.

It greatly depends on the type of tool i am using.

Welding equipment except plasma cutters is Lincoln / Harris. Learned to weld in high school on Lincoln Idealarc 250s and have an Ac225 that ive had for 10 years going strong.

Pipe Wrenches and cutters is Ridgid. Was the only brand my Grandfather would use in his 51 years as a pipefitter

Bench Grinders is Baldor. USA made bench grinders made by Baldor and can easly take a licking and keep on going

Pliers is Channellock. Cost effective pliers made in the USA and use all USA steel.

Vessel and Channellock Acetate screwdrivers. I like the grips on these screwdrivers. Only issue is Vessels are hard to find. i really enjoy the ergonomics of the vessel ball handle screwdrivers.

Eklind hex tools. Made in the USA and i enjoy the grip on the plastic folding hex key sets.

Amerex and General brand Fire Extinguishers. I like that these units don't have plastic valve components that will leak and fail and that there are a variety of agents and sizes available

Wright sockets, wrenches, breaker bars, C clamps, extensions. Made in the USA with all USA steel and at reasonable prices.

Snap-on Ratchets. Smooth buttery ratchet that makes using them a lot less cumbersome when it comes to switching direction and points where there is low torque.

Vaughn all steel hammers. Shock block core absorbs blows better than the grip that estwing uses.

Craftsman tool storage. My first tool box and rollaway were craftsman.

Midwest Snips. This brand has stayed the sharpest the longest compared to Wiss and Milwaukee for me

Snap On, Williams, S&K, Hazet, Knipex, and Stahlwille, are the favorites of my tools. Each one for a different reason. I have a few GW ratchets I like as well. I also have a 3/8" swivel head US made Craftsman ratchet, that I grab quite often.

No one favorite tool brand. It's not marriage, why limit yourself to one? I buy best of breed tools from whoever makes the best tool, or the best value, for me. (That's the "why")

A quick, not exhaustive, and not exclusive list of some of my favorite tools:
Sunex impact sockets
SK chome sockets
Carlyle ratchets
Sturtevant Richmont torque wrenches
Knipex PliersWrench
Xuron electronics cutters, shears and micro-pliers
Bondhus allen keys
Aircat, IR, and Astro Pneumatic air impact wrenches
Lisle and OTC specialty tools

usually craftsman, do have some snap on and mac tools...also harbor freight stuff lately..not all that bad for the money

Back