Protest’s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it ok to discus the protests on here? I don't see any protocol regarding this fighting and burning.

It would turn ugly fast ... so I'd say the "lock factor" is rated at 99%, lol.

coffee2.gif

I'm not really sure what positives can come from discussing the protests. It's probably best to just avoid the discussion altogether on this website. If you feel strongly that you need to talk about it, I'd suggest conversing with close friends, family, or your local clergy (if applicable).

Originally Posted by CleverUserName
Probably not. Some would say that's a political discussion.

Probably, yet politics has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Protests, riots, and creation of autonomous zones is likely to go one of a few ways:
-induce political discussion
-induce unbecoming discussion that violates other standard policies
-induce speculative discussion of covid in groups, against the covid policy

It is hard to think of a viable topic that would be suitable for any of the sub forums, related to a protest.... even g&ot. I personally do ask a lot of DIY and repair questions in the g&ot forum, so if, say, you had damages to property during rioting, some repair questions might be ok, so long as the context does not create opportunities for discussions that cause the issues highlighted above.

Best to err on the side of caution, realizing that generally protests are political in some way (including protesting against something to advocate for political change) and thus not a desirable topic for BITOG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back