Schaeffer 219 Review/Opinion

First post here however a long time lurker. Seems I'm here almost daily. Wanting to see if anyone is using the Schaeffer 219 Synforce Green grease here yet. I use it in almost everything from boat trailer bearings to a subcompact TLB to my dump truck. Curious if anyone has any opinions on it.

only issue I have with schaeffers is I dont need a lifetime supply mail order only.

The spec sheet doesn't show if it is GC-LB rated. The water washout of the # 2 is 5.5% while an off the shelf product like Mystic JT-6 is 2.5% - what's up with that? No Timken load # on the spec sheet?? to compare with others. It leaves me wondering what the grease is suitable for beyond very heavy equipment, exposed to weather (bushings, etc.). Without better information, I would be leery to use it in wheel bearings, u-joints, etc..

Last edited:
I'm almost positive that it carried GC-LB when I purchased it however I see now it's not shown on the data sheet. Hopefully salesrep will chime in here. I may reach out to my local rep who I purchase through and see what he says.

My son uses this for his farm and construction equipment. It is a polyurea grease. John Deere uses polyurea for everything on their new equipment. Even the corn head grease from Deere is polyurea. Schaeffer's 219 is all we use. For whatever reason(s) the salesman changed him over from Schaeffer's 278 to 219. No way to know if it is performing better or worse than the 378, but so far no bearing or pin failures.

Originally Posted by ChadHubbard
My son uses this for his farm and construction equipment. It is a polyurea grease. John Deere uses polyurea for everything on their new equipment. Even the corn head grease from Deere is polyurea. Schaeffer's 219 is all we use. For whatever reason(s) the salesman changed him over from Schaeffer's 278 to 219. No way to know if it is performing better or worse than the 378, but so far no bearing or pin failures.

The tech sheet shows it to be aluminum complex base grease with "polyalphaolefin (PAO) synthetic base fluids". Not the same as polyurea.

https://sep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-76241474357167/schaeffer-219-synforce-tds.pdf

Thanks for the post salesrep. When could we expect to see the 219 carrying a GC-LB or will it ever? I'm using it in everything from wheel bearings to farm equipment and my Cat track loader. How does the synthesized moly compare to traditional moly in a conventional 3 or 5% grease? For the record I just bought 30 more tubes and a case of 204 from my local rep. Just dumped 5 gallons of the 700 15w40 in my Cat 941B this morning before we move to the next job.

https://www.schaefferoil.com/documents/302-219-td.pdf
Schaeffers Synforce 219 is a GREAT grease in lock step with a historical line up of greases. 221,238,229,274 are just some of its forefathers. All are excellent blended with strong base oils, effective additives and most are aluminum complex.

Curious why the latest 219 technical data sheet doesnt give a minimum temperature value. It says that NLGI #1 is good from 0 to 350, which is a bit surprising... so the nlgi 2 version wouldn’t really be usable for automotive use in reasonably cold temperatures? What’s the deal?

Back