Another milestone for old Blue

[Linked Image]

The Buick hit 300,000 miles last week. Still on original motor and transmission. Hoping for a lot more out of it.

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Is it the 3.8l ? That is what is our 2006 Lacrosse .

Originally Posted by bbhero
Good deal man....

What year model of Buick ?? I can't see it on my ol device.

2001 LeSabre, 3800. It is a great engine, lots of power and good fuel economy. Current oil use is less than 1/2 quart in 5000 miles.

Originally Posted by Inspecktor
Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Is it the 3.8l ? That is what is our 2006 Lacrosse .

Originally Posted by bbhero
Good deal man....

What year model of Buick ?? I can't see it on my ol device.

2001 LeSabre, 3800. It is a great engine, lots of power and good fuel economy. Current oil use is less than 1/2 quart in 5000 miles.

That is really awesome...

I just went past 310,000 miles this afternoon in my 3.5 L VQ Nissan Altima coupe.

Congrats on your Altima. I enjoy seeing cars not being tossed at 150,000 or so miles. If rust were not a factor here, I would have had a lot more of my vehicles make it past 250,000

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
GM 3800's simply just won't wear out!! I honestly feel it's the best automotive engine ever made. I love Buicks!!
cheers3.gif

Agree. I have been suprised at how much I like this Buickl.. It is comfortable for long trips. Wife has mentioned looking for another one when the time comes.

Check out this Buick! I've never seen one of these before. LeSabre T-Type:
https://www.curbsideclassic.com/car...t-type-a-young-man-buys-an-old-mans-car/

I had a friend that was a bit of a car guy and he was always getting something different or bored with what he had. He ended up with that year and model for a time. I think it was silver, that sporty looking trim in a Buick flavor. We were in MI , went through high school as good friends and had parents employed at GM. There was some 'loyalty' per se if it wasn't a Nissan 300ZX or a BMW. For domestic cars, the default was usually GM. We argued regularly with other neighborhood kids who had parents at Ford or Chrysler or one kid whose dad ran the Chrysler Plymouth dealership. It was a noisy morning bus ride to school for a few years as we all added our 2 cents and likely didn't care less about "the brand" but more about where our parents worked.

In 1988, I ordered a Cutlass Ciera Brougham through the GM Class A employee program. My wife and I were excited to have a car built to order. I had the FE3 added that was a sporty suspension rate and the tire/wheel upgrade and served up Goodyear GT+4 tires. As most claim here, that 3800 was a perfect blend of peppy feel and amazing mpg results. It was Garnet red with grey cloth, not quite a burgundy shade, just a bit lighter. I had a spoiler added that was tasteful and flat, looking very 'factory' and just coming up a bit off the rear trunk lid at the end. Gave it a sporty bit of style. Those tires proved very nicely mated to that car as well.

Driving in northern MI on a trip toward Mackinaw City / Island, the rain was blasting down in sheets as I held my speed waiting for the slightest sign the car felt unsteady or hydro-planning. Soon, all traffic notably slowed yet the Good Year's held just fine and I kept pace just because. That and a few others are indelible memory's of that car and some experience's.
Prior to that and at 728 miles (no idea why I recall that) we had the car only a few weeks and the main seal had a slight drip. The dealer fixed it promptly and a week later, we were on it's first road trip heading to Florida from MI. It was dream to drive. Not 'edgy' performance but stable and good handling with ride comfort you didn't expect or deserve. It was probably my first time / first car realizing I could sport around in my driving behaviors a bit yet have a family car that didn't attract The Law.
I think it was built in Ontario, came down by train and had 8 or 9 miles on the odo when we picked it up. It towed a 1500 # pop up camper often and so well, I'd forget it was there.

** Awesome mileage attained there to the O P - congrats !!
grin2.gif

My parents rolled over 200K on their '05 Prius recently ... (same parents that worked at GM).
lol.gif
Currently garaged there in MI, '89 Vette conv. , 99 VW Bug turbo, the '05 Prius.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bachman
Check out this Buick! I've never seen one of these before. LeSabre T-Type:
https://www.curbsideclassic.com/car...t-type-a-young-man-buys-an-old-mans-car/

I had a friend that was a bit of a car guy and he was always getting something different or bored with what he had. He ended up with that year and model for a time. I think it was silver, that sporty looking trim in a Buick flavor. We were in MI , went through high school as good friends and had parents employed at GM. There was some 'loyalty' per se if it wasn't a Nissan 300ZX or a BMW. For domestic cars, the default was usually GM. We argued regularly with other neighborhood kids who had parents at Ford or Chrysler or one kid whose dad ran the Chrysler Plymouth dealership. It was a noisy morning bus ride to school for a few years as we all added our 2 cents and likely didn't care less about "the brand" but more about where our parents worked.

In 1988, I ordered a Cutlass Ciera Brougham through the GM Class A employee program. My wife and I were excited to have a car built to order. I had the FE3 added that was a sporty suspension rate and the tire/wheel upgrade and served up Goodyear GT+4 tires. As most claim here, that 3800 was a perfect blend of peppy feel and amazing mpg results. It was Garnet red with grey cloth, not quite a burgundy shade, just a bit lighter. I had a spoiler added that was tasteful and flat, looking very 'factory' and just coming up a bit off the rear trunk lid at the end. Gave it a sporty bit of style. Those tires proved very nicely mated to that car as well.

Driving in northern MI on a trip toward Mackinaw City / Island, the rain was blasting down in sheets as I held my speed waiting for the slightest sign the car felt unsteady or hydro-planning. Soon, all traffic notably slowed yet the Good Year's held just fine and I kept pace just because. That and a few others are indelible memory's of that car and some experience's.
Prior to that and at 728 miles (no idea why I recall that) we had the car only a few weeks and the main seal had a slight drip. The dealer fixed it promptly and a week later, we were on it's first road trip heading to Florida from MI. It was dream to drive. Not 'edgy' performance but stable and good handling with ride comfort you didn't expect or deserve. It was probably my first time / first car realizing I could sport around in my driving behaviors a bit yet have a family car that didn't attract The Law.
I think it was built in Ontario, came down by train and had 8 or 9 miles on the odo when we picked it up. It towed a 1500 # pop up camper often and so well, I'd forget it was there.

** Awesome mileage attained there to the O P - congrats !!
grin2.gif

My parents rolled over 200K on their '05 Prius recently ... (same parents that worked at GM).
lol.gif
Currently garaged there in MI, '89 Vette conv. , 99 VW Bug turbo, the '05 Prius.

That sounds like a SWEET car!

Originally Posted by Inspecktor
[Linked Image]

The Buick hit 300,000 miles last week. Still on original motor and transmission. Hoping for a lot more out of it.

Inspecktor

What brand of oil ?

That's more than my prius will ever show...

It's known that they stop at 299,999!
laugh.gif

Back