Oil not being replenished at Walmart.

Everybody at home because of covid19, got more time to change oil I guess. Might be a shortage of oil supply all together. Why do you need oil?? I mailed you quite a bit lol lol

I heard rumors from a worker at a different store that a lot of shipments are out of whack due to emphasizing the goods in short supply. They said they never know what's going to be on the next truck whereas they used to know TP came on Wednesday, lemonade on Thursday, DVDs on Friday, or whatever.

The way I interpreted this was "fill the semis with toilet paper, there's little demand for motor oil."

The Walmarts around me are very low on oil, the sporting goods section is getting bare bones too. Shooting and fishing gear shelves are almost empty.

I've seen many empty spaces on shelves in all departments in several WalMarts around here.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
China is not in a cooperative trade mood these days.
OK - I'm done talking politics with the Boss Lady here.....lol

I'm sure the bulk of oil jugs at Walmart were made in China

Was in WM last weekend buying their closeout of 0w16. Plenty to be seen.

People aren't driving, so don't need oil. WM tries to run out of "seasonal" stuff early so they don't have to clearance it.

This would be the time when a several hundred quart stash is worth its presence. Same as TP, MREs, etc.

I've noticed the empty oil shelves too. I think it's because the suppliers want to introduce API SP in large quantity rather than trickle in.

I'm thinking the stores or the fulfillment centers that serves the stores are allotted a certain amount per XX number of days and if it sells out, Walmart cant get anymore until the supplier ships it to the fulfillment center.

There is only so much manufacturing capacity. Example: My brother is a Walmart pharmacist and says they cant keep bikes in stock and Walmart can only get so many of them from the bicycle companies.

Originally Posted by samven
The Walmarts around me are very low on oil, the sporting goods section is getting bare bones too. Shooting and fishing gear shelves are almost empty.

They wont even sell ammo here till this plandemic is over.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
LOTS of holes on the shelf. Is this them not replenishing till the new spec oil comes in?

Walmart doesn't care about any "new spec". They care about selling products now.

My wife and I are staying out of places like Walmart, Target, grocery stores, etc until the current situation changes for the better. The first weekend in July both of our Nissans will be due for an oil change. We don't drive a lot now, we both work at home but still have to follow a 6 month/5,000 mile oci due to Nissan extended warranty requirements.

Last Sunday I ordered two 5 quart jugs of STP 0W20 and two STP S6607 filters from Autozone online. It was $53.00 shipped and Autozone had also sent me a $10.00 off $50.00 coupon so after tax the price was $47.04. Not a bad deal at all, and Fed Ex delivered it to my house 2 days later. Autozone even put each jug of oil in a big zip lock bag inside the box, in case there were any leaks. Both filters were in their boxes and wrapped up with Amazon-style air bubble packing.

Originally Posted by Marco620
Everybody at home because of covid19, got more time to change oil I guess. Might be a shortage of oil supply all together. Why do you need oil?? I mailed you quite a bit lol lol

Haha I just always browse the oil aisle whenever I'm at the Walmarts (anyone ever hear people call it that haha) just to see what they've got
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wemay
I've noticed the empty oil shelves too. I think it's because the suppliers want to introduce API SP in large quantity rather than trickle in.

Yep that's my guess. Every brand, weight,etc,was on Rollback.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by wemay

Yep that's my guess. Every brand, weight,etc,was on Rollback.

Yeah brother, same exact thing here.

Back