Garbage Service - How much do you pay?

WM used be my provider, they were $200 then 300 and now they sold their lines to new guy, who sent me an invoice for $370/year

I am OOO most of the time and barely have 12 bags of garbage a year. Lotsa recycle though, mostly plastic and cardboard. I can take these to the city recycle center and sort them myself, I used to do that in Japan anyway.

Is 370/yr for garbage service the going rate now?

Residential WM is $589/yr, but billed every 2 months, along with water.
Also, though it looks like you're recycling at the curb most just goes into the dump at the other end, as other countries aren't accepting our waste stream anymore.

Last edited:
we're really low I think at 38 bucks every 3 months ..but then I live way out in the sticks so not many around me to have garbage

$25/year but I have to take it to the town dump.

It's the "killer app" for my truck which, sitting around, costs ~$400/yr in insurance and registration fees.

I could take it in my prius, but that's miserable.

The garbage company in my area is owned by Waste Management and we pay about $76 every two months. That's for a standard size garbage bin plus yard waste and recycle which alternate every other week.

The price sounds reasonable. We have a option for a small garbage container good for two bags. Maybe that option is available to you?

$26 per month billed in quarterly increments. We are rural and pay about twice as what a resident of Leavenworth city does (municipal pickup vs my private hauler). We can put out up to 10 33 gal bags, but almost never do.

$125 quarterly. 2) large 96 gallon trash bins, 96 gallon recycle bin, 1) 96 yard waste bin. They are high but I have to use the others to beat them down in price every 4-5 years. They raise the prices yearly. I live on a corner lot in a Suburb of Minneapolis and they let me put my yard waste out front and my trash and recycle on the side street. Others dont want to do that.

WM got up to around $300.00 per quarter so I went to Whitetail and pay $87.00 a quarter now for trash and recycling.

Not sure, it is rolled into my property tax. No curbside pickup, just a transfer station. [Unfortunately it doesn't take waste oil, unlike the town I moved from.]

Back