Rotella Gas Truck 0W-20, 5,012 Miles, 2019 Wrangler 3.6L

Gents, Here is the latest UOA on my 3.6L Wrangler. It seems to be doing fine on the Rotella.

For summertime use I'm trying a fill of Rotella 5w-30 and will do a UOA next oil change.

UOA Jeep (Medium).jpg

Wear numbers look great. The Flashpoint rise could indicate more fuel than BS shows but it doesn't really matter considering the viscosity is good. Looks like a great oil for your application.

Nice report! What oil did you use in the previous runs? Also, are you planning on sampling the 5w30 when done?

I've got RGT 0w20 in mine now and will run it all summer. I'll post a report when I change it out around 5k. I still might be tempted to go 6k or 7k, though, so we'll see. I think this engine is easy on oil, so I have a hard time taking it out before the OLM gets close to zero.

Originally Posted by IndyFan
Nice report! What oil did you use in the previous runs? Also, are you planning on sampling the 5w30 when done?

I've got RGT 0w20 in mine now and will run it all summer. I'll post a report when I change it out around 5k. I still might be tempted to go 6k or 7k, though, so we'll see. I think this engine is easy on oil, so I have a hard time taking it out before the OLM gets close to zero.

I've been running the RGT 0w-20 since draining the factory fill. I tried the 5w-30 RGT for the summer because off road use and trailer towing in the heat. I have not noticed any difference in driveability, the way the engine runs, oil pressures, etc. The engine may be a touch quieter. I will send in a sample when I change the oil in the fall. I will probably go back to 0w-20 for the winter.

CST@100 probably started around 8.4 as Virgin and held well at 7.9 .... about 5k later, despite towing, hauling and a touch of dilution.

This might be an oil brand to stick with. Both SOPUS and Ashland are my favorites. 3rd Place in mid-market with me is ConocoPhillips.

Back