Motorcraft GF-6 - Synthetic

I've read several places that Motorcraft 5W-30 will only be available as Synthetic. Is this confirmed?

I got a free oil change (essential worker) at the Quick Lane the other day and according to one of the local Conoco drivers they have been dumping the new GF-6 in their bulk tank for awhile now. Hard to believe we are getting at the same price if it's synthetic.

The 5W-30 MC blend is still on the Motorcraft parts website. But a Google search on Motorcraft 5W-30 has their full syn as the first entry for their site. Both still show the SN era PDS sheets, so maybe when SP comes out and old stocks are depleted..

IDK that Motorcraft has a syn blend 0W-20 though...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger
The 5W-30 MC blend is still on the Motorcraft parts website. But a Google search on Motorcraft 5W-30 has their full syn as the first entry for their site. Both still show the SN era PDS sheets, so maybe when SP comes out and old stocks are depleted..

IDK that Motorcraft has a syn blend 0W-20 though...

It's normal for the "new" oil to go in the old containers since they are backwards compliant and they don't usually post the new spec sheets until they start using the new containers. They don't just toss all the old bottles. We saw this with the change from SL, SM and SN and I expect it again with the change from SN+. Used oil analysis showed the signature of the new product but the containers were labeled as the old.

Last edited:
Back