Dewalt 20v Li-on 1/2" drill/driver 99$ @ Loews

I don't often impulse buy. I cruised the Loews flyer and since I was going anyway for plumbing bits.. I like it's size and heft. It is way lighter than the Bosch I had for work. It came with 2 batteries, which seems to going out of style. Did I score or what? Opinions welcomed. TIA

I think that's a good deal. I have two of those and two 1/4" impact driver's. I love the batteries as they seem to last a long time and are universal for the other Dewalt tools I have, like my 1/2" impact gun, my DCL050 lights, and my weed whacker I bought last year - which can take care of 3/4 of the yard on one battery!

I have the exact same drill and like it.
I just purchased their 20V Hedge trimmer and really like that.
I am transitioning all my battery powered tools to the Dewalt 20V platform.

It's a good deal, what amp batteries did it come with. Most people opt for the hammer drill im assuming.

Batteries are 1.3 AH. Batteries are tiny compared to ni-cads. As I said, The tool has a very balanced heft.If I use up 2 batteries at one go, I'll need a rest
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by meadows
Will it take the lug nuts off a car?

The drill he is referring to isn't an impact....
a cordless 1/2" impact would be quite a bit more than $99, I am afraid.

I *HAVE* however, been **VERY** impressed on what I can bust loose with my DeWalt 1/4" impact!
Not lug nuts... but almost!

Originally Posted by andyd
Batteries are 1.3 AH. Batteries are tiny compared to ni-cads. As I said, The tool has a very balanced heft.If I use up 2 batteries at one go, I'll need a rest
grin2.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the small DW batteries different than their "normal" 2 Ah batteries?

Can these be used in their tools that would typically come with the 2Ah battery?

Last edited:
Back