New Tire Install ( Thread ) :

4 GENERAL Altimax RT43 (H) 175/65-15 ( Made In Mexico ) on 6/9/20 . Air Pressure : 34.5 ( cold ) . Recommended P.S.I. : 32 .

Last edited:
Congrats!
I've had the RT43 on a previous Lexus RX and have just put them on the Civic in my signature. My SIL put them on her '14 Terrain AWD recently at my recommendation.

Good tire. I just re-upped with those on my 06 Honda Odyssey. Was happy with the prior set, so given that, the good price, the rebate, and the good performance, i stuck with them. The latest set was made in Ecuador, which kinda concerned me, but so far they are just as good as the prior set. The prior set was coming up on 6 years of age. While they still had OK tread left, the rubber was getting hardened (noticed that the grip, particularly when wet, was not satisfactory and noise levels were rising). An easy "go-to" tire if you're looking for a low cost tire that does everything pretty well.

My first set of RT43's all made in Brazil. Second set: 3 made in France. One in USA. Does not seem to matter. I like the way they perform.

I had them on my rear wheel drive 300, 245/45r20 size, I was very impressed. They did great in the snow, they were great in the rain, and great on dry pavement.

I guess they are made in several places. We just put a set on the Camry (215/55/17's) and they were made in the USA. That said they seem to be a decent tire, a little noisy, but got good grip.

Originally Posted by odie
4 GENERAL Altimax RT43 (H) 175/65-15 ( Made In Mexico ) on 6/9/20 . Air Pressure : 34.5 ( cold ) . Recommended P.S.I. : 32 .

Installed : 6/9/20 @ 62,640 miles .

Last edited:
I've a twofer. Both within the last month.

2015 Lincoln MKC with the 20 inch wheel. I went with Toyo Proxes Sport AS. Very sharp looking tire that is made here in the US. So far a nice and comfortable/quiet ride.

2017 Ford Explorer with the standard 18 inch wheels. I went with the Michelin Defender LTX tires. They have been on for a week and I really like them. Look great and drive very smoothly. Perhaps not as quiet as the Latitude Tour tires that it came but have a more aggressive tread pattern so those are the trade offs...

Back