Long shot - resistor values for Nissan Xterra cruise control

I tried over on the Xterra board, but no luck yet...I thought I would give it a shot here, as I am guessing what I am looking for is common across several Nissan models.

Subject is my 2007 Nissan Xterra. Cruise control has not worked since I got it a couple years ago. It appears to just be a bad clock spring in the steering wheel...as when I turn the wheel all the way in one direction, I can get the controls to work. From what I can see, clock springs are several hundred bucks, and a pain in the arse to swap out (I hate dealing with airbags). I have a bank of momentary switches I was going to install for other accessories, coolers, etc. and have enough spots that I could simply use four of them to run the cruise, if only I could find the value of the resistors shown in the schematic. So long story short...anybody know the values of those resistors???

Capture.PNG

You have a working button assembly, right? Disconnect it and press each button measure the resistance. If you don't want to take the wheel apart, detach the light blue wire and measure from the car side after turning the wheel to where the clock spring makes contact.

Originally Posted by mk378
You have a working button assembly, right? Disconnect it and press each button measure the resistance. If you don't want to take the wheel apart, detach the light blue wire and measure from the car side after turning the wheel to where the clock spring makes contact.

Yes, yes...I appreciate the help, I already have resigned myself to doing this, I was just hoping to get the real specification and not rely on test data. I do appreciate the comment though.

I don't know xterras but airbags and clock springs are actually pretty easy from the one's I've seen.

Originally Posted by eljefino
I don't know xterras but airbags and clock springs are actually pretty easy from the one's I've seen.

part of my complaint was dealing with an airbag and the several hundred bucks it costs to buy it. This is just a "dog truck" and trail toy.

It just seems funny to me that there is nothing I can find for a specification for this...

I think I finally found the answer...

Main switch pressed : 0 Ohm
Main switch released : 4000 Ohm

Cancel switch pressed : 250 Ohm
Cancel switch released : 4000 Ohm

Resume/Accel switch pressed : 1480 Ohm
Resume/Accel switch released : 4000 Ohm

Set/Coast switch pressed : 660 Ohm
Set/Coast switch released : 4000 Ohm

So I calculate the resistor values to be from top to bottom:

250 Ohms
410 Ohms
820 Ohms
2520 Ohms

Am I missing anything else? I'll buy 12 volt rated, but I am guessing they are only running 5 volts...any other concerns?

Back