Current mileage on our shop truck

Had some free time this morning so I changed it's oil and filter. This time it got Napa 10w-40 and a proselect filter.

Milage as of 8a this morning. Still runs great and passes the California emissions test.

I do believe that the rear axle is getting noisey.
96 tacoma 2.4l.

IMG_20200610_075954.jpg

For curiosity sake- highway miles? traffic? city? Be curious to know the hours if most of the miles are city and high traffic.

I had 300K miles on my shop truck it was a Ford F250 with a 5.4 and i did the same.. oil changes were cheap oil and cheapest filters it was neglected and abused.. and ran good when i sold it.

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
For curiosity sake- highway miles? traffic? city? Be curious to know the hours if most of the miles are city and high traffic.

I had 300K miles on my shop truck it was a Ford F250 with a 5.4 and i did the same.. oil changes were cheap oil and cheapest filters it was neglected and abused.. and ran good when i sold it.

Mostly very short trips to the auto parts store or taking customers home.
My boss did take it about 40 miles each way on the fwy a few weeks ago to get a Radiator core.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Had some free time this morning so I changed it's oil and filter. This time it got Napa 10w-40 and a proselect filter.

Milage as of 8a this morning. Still runs great and passes the California emissions test.

I do believe that the rear axle is getting noisey.
96 tacoma 2.4l.

This is obviously a lie because you're not using top of the line oil and filters...

Nice truck but that's a common problem for that year,make,and model. Rear axles start to go after 440,000 miles...€

Originally Posted by Aredeeem
Nice truck but that's a common problem for that year,make,and model. Rear axles start to go after 440,000 miles...€

Similar to the Honda Civic I used to own. Couldn't believe I had to replace a tensioner and idler pulley at 190k miles. Totally unacceptable...LOL

Better news is-should be ZERO RUST in the CA high desert! That seems to kill more Tacos around here than mechanical failure-but most of them still have good (but rusty) rear axles!
crazy.gif

Originally Posted by DGXR
Hey, it's a Toyota... you could throw it off a cliff and it would still get 90 MPG.

Geez, the Toyota love is on both ends of the spectrum tonight!!!!

Originally Posted by Ram02
I wonder if a chevy Colorado can do them type of miles ðŸ™

It can if it's being towed by a Toyota

Our trusty old Tundra is just shy of 200K. Just getting started.
Of all our cars, that's the one everyone wants to buy.
Ain't for sale.

Go Toyota.

By the way, just drive it till it is dead.
They don't make it as good as the quality of the 90s.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by oldhp
Ya shoulda changed the rear gear goo at 300K........but NO........you didn't have time.
banana2.gif

Actully I have. Stuff just wears out.

banana2.gif

Ok I'll play. Here is a pic from a few years ago of our parts delivery truck odometer the day they sold it for scrap. 1999-2000 ish Ford F250 with a stake bed. 5.4 2 valve. City highway use all day every day. Finally broke a timing chain and tranny went out. Impressive Mod motor mileage though. Serviced every 5-7K in our shop with MC 5W20 - 5W30. Well shoot it's been so long I don't remember how to add of pic lol. Odo reads 548,998!

Last edited:
Back