Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic F150 2.7L ~9100 miles 5w30

Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic SN+ F 150 2.7L ~9100 miles on oil and around 63k miles on the truck. Not too bad. Looks like it's closer to a 5w20 now. Will keep using this in the future, but at this time I am testing Shell Rotella Gas truck 5w30.

oil f150 2.7 penplat5w30.JPG

Last edited:
It's unfortunate you don't know how much fuel is in the sample, without that you don't know what caused the viscosity deviation.

They didn't put it in the test this time for whatever reason. On my last UOA it said it was at 1%

Originally Posted by kschachn
It's unfortunate you don't know how much fuel is in the sample, without that you don't know what caused the viscosity deviation.

PPlat 5w30 starts on the thin side anyways it's only like 10cSt on the datasheet, I think I've seen where people have had VOAs done where it's actually lower than that.

Originally Posted by blufeb95

PPlat 5w30 starts on the thin side anyways it's only like 10cSt on the datasheet, I think I've seen where people have had VOAs done where it's actually lower than that.

I believe PP 5w30 starts out at 9.7@100*C....These results aren't bad...but...I'd cut back to 7500 miles on a GDI turbo... in a pickup truck...
A GDI turbo is hard on any oil...the PP did well here for the OCI...

Nothing it's called shearing.

Originally Posted by pbm
Originally Posted by blufeb95

I believe PP 5w30 starts out at 9.7@100*C....These results aren't bad...but...I'd cut back to 7500 miles on a GDI turbo... in a pickup truck...
A GDI turbo is hard on any oil...the PP did well here for the OCI...

Nothing here shows this is accurate advice it is based on feelings not data.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Nothing it's called shearing.

Which you always try to believe, but isn't assured in this situation at all.

Since when loosing shearing 15% of of oil is acceptable . Most of API 5w 30 do shear down period . I rather use a heavy 5w 20 anyday . Narrow Spread will get a much stable lube just my two cents.

Back