Tree Branch Marks

This past weekend my son and I were going to WM in my Dark Blue Pearl Metallic F150. There was a fresh tree limb that fell into the roadway path. By the time I saw it and a car was coming from the other direction, I couldn't stop fast enough or swerve to miss it. It put green marks down the side of my truck. Had the branch been there for days, weeks, months, etc., it would have been dried out and would have really scratched my paint good.
I want to use some Meguiar's Cleaner wax, or Scratch-X to remove the marks. I wet my finger tip and rubbed a small spot and the mark came right off. I have never had to remove marks like this from paint and don't want to use anything too aggressive. I bet just a good washing with my Meguiar's Gold car wash soap will remove them, but in case it doesn't, I'm open to any suggestions.
THANK YOU!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
This past weekend my son and I were going to WM in my Dark Blue Pearl Metallic F150. There was a fresh tree limb that fell into the roadway path. By the time I saw it and a car was coming from the other direction, I couldn't stop fast enough or swerve to miss it. It put green marks down the side of my truck. Had the branch been there for days, weeks, months, etc., it would have been dried out and would have really scratched my paint good.
I want to use some Meguiar's Cleaner wax, or Scratch-X to remove the marks. I wet my finger tip and rubbed a small spot and the mark came right off. I have never had to remove marks like this from paint and don't want to use anything too aggressive. I bet just a good washing with my Meguiar's Gold car wash soap will remove them, but in case it doesn't, I'm open to any suggestions.
THANK YOU!
smile.gif

P21S Paint Cleanser - after a wash try that first. It's quite amazing.

+1 on the quick detailer and a clay bar . I had yellow specks of overspray from a body shop on dk blue metalic car. The clay bar removed it effortlessly and left the surface smooth without any damage.

It has been raining here in La. lately. I was able to go try some Meguiats Ckeaner wax on a spot. You can't even tell the mark was there.
I do have a Meguiars clay bar kit with the detail spray. When my son comes to visit next time l'm going to get him to help me with it. I'm in a wheelchair but l can still sit and work on the sides.
Where can that P21S be purchased?

Back