How’s your garden doing?

Finally warmed up enough to get all of mine out of the house and in the ground 3 weeks ago.
All is doing well and we need some hot days to get it into high gear.

My tomato plants have been doing well these last three weeks. They have grown vigorously are bushy with blossoms and a few tomatoes on the Early Girl variety. Previously they did little growth as it was so cool here.

My sons garden is doing well, the tomato's, beans, potatoes and squash are really growing but the peppers are lagging behind. Maybe now that the heat is here they will pick up.

Tomatoes, eggplant, pepper, and herbs are doing fine. My carrots on the other hand are struggling - very leggy/lanky, too thin to stand - probably not enough sunlight.

We are in the begining of a drought here. Peas stunted but there will be radishes any day now. Been watering daily but it`s no substitute for rain.

We can't get a good string of hot days going. We get 3 days nice and hot then 3 days of stormy over cast.
Chris what the heck is eating?

Last edited:
Been picking my tomatoes since the third week in May, same with peppers which always do well. Cucumbers look nice with lots of blooms, but nothing else.

My volunteer dill is doing very well . I have 4 super old green ripen tomatoe plants in the ground that I started from seed in the house. I'm a little worried as they were probably a little small when I put them in the ground. They are growing ok but I'm sure they are a little fragile for a few weeks yet.

Horrible! My leeks won't grow bigger than grass, most of the seeds i planted didn't grow. I also purchased tomato and eggplants. Nothing yet. Colorado has too short a growing season.

Originally Posted by 97prizm
Colorado has too short a growing season.

Same in Michigan. - late May to mid September, if you're lucky.

I got a late start and finally stuck everything in the ground today after starting in pots.

2 yellow cherry tomato
2 mr stripey tomato
2 early girl tomato

4 lady bell pepper
4 cubanelle
3 habanero
3 Hungarian wax
3 hot Portugal
3 jalapeno
3 cherry hot

2 sweet basil

2 red cabbage
2 green cabbage

Have cukes, green zucchini and yellow squash in pots want them to get a little bigger before I put them in.

We put in a winter garden a couple of weeks ago. Plenty of time over lockdown to get it all ready, but no seeds or seedlings available, victims of panic buying. All looking good so far, we'll how it goes over winter....

Glad I procrastinated on our garden since we've had some late and damaging frost. We have about 100 young trees overall that took a good beating.

The garden is doing great though. Just different varieties of tomatoes and some green peppers. I have a different spot for some squash and pumpkins.

Cucumbers are just now growing and being trained to the fence so they do not take much room.

Peppers some got sick and had to be replaced. Others doing well.

Chilies peppers been too cool for them, they are starting to perk up.

Lettuce crop was tasty this year. Radish did poor. Green onions doing well.

Beans eaten by rabbit. They are replanted and rabbit was invited to dinner

Tomatoes set on, golf ball size.

Rod

all good so far, it's was a very cool and wet spring in the midwest and the rabbits faired well this winter.

so i've been chasing squirrels, rabbits, and moles off. LOL

Planted a few weeks ago, things are doing well.

I have planted:

2x Blueberry Bushes
2x Red Raspberries
Around 5x Tomato plants, different varieties.
A bunch of hot chilies... Ghost, Reaper, Scorpion, 2x Cayenne types, 2x Habenero, 2x Jalapeno and a sweet pepper plant as well.

Back