Purolator ONE or CarQuest BLUE

I am thinking about grabbing an Oil & FIlter packages at AAP for the cars in my sig. And AAP is offering either a PuroONE or CQ Blue oil filter with the pkg. Which is the better filter. I know, I should probably know this!
smile.gif

The filters will be on the engines for 2 full OCIs(12K-15K miles)

Thanks,

CB

Last edited:
Both are the same, so get whichever one is cheaper If they're both around the same price, get the newest date code.

Actually, you're better off with Fram or Wix/Napa. So take the CQ/P1 and cut it open for us, then buy another filter to actually use in your cars
smile.gif

Originally Posted by mclasser
IIRC, Wix makes CQ filters.

CQ house brand filters are Purolators
cry.gif

They were Wix a long time ago before AAP bought CQ. After that, they switched to Fram for about a year. Then they went to Purolator.

CQ Red is the same as Purolator red can
CQ Blue is a P1

Originally Posted by mclasser
IIRC, Wix makes CQ filters.

I haven't used a Tear-olator in years.

It's actually Mann & Hummel who makes CQ filters (except the Baldwin made HD ones), and M+H actually owns Wix now, so in a way you're not far off. The CQ ones were better when Affinia/Wix made them, and the Fram/Champion made CQ Blues were actually identical to the M1 filters then.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
I've been using ULTRA'S so I will stay with them.

You just stirring the pot now !!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Originally Posted by Char Baby
I've been using ULTRA'S so I will stay with them.

You just stirring the pot now !!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sorry, I don't mean to stir up a $#!+Storm.
I've been using FRAM Ultra's from Walmart or RockAuto(with other purchases) however, I have some $peed Perk$ Dollar$ to use up along with $10 AAP Gift Card.
I actually need the filter for one car and the oil for another so, buying this OCI pkg will be an OK bargin.

Yeah that would be a decent deal CB... Speed perks plus the $10 card should be good to go with...

I used to love Purolator oil filters especially the Purolator Premium PLUS(white filter). And it's not that I don't anymore. However, since the [censored] issues, I've just been using them less & less and have move to the FRAM Ultra's.

Funny thing is, I used FRAM Orange Can for decades w/o engine issues. Then I started cutting them open and seeing for myself how poorly constructed they were and still are.

Every Purolator filter(Classic & PureONE) that I've cut open was perfectly fine even though I strongly believe(by seeing here at Bob's) that Puro has a frikken problem that they need to address, and haven't!

So, I was wondering how CarQuest BLUE filter compares to the Purolator ONE...ONLY for this OCI package!

The Puro1/CQ Blue is a fine filter but not a good choice if it causes anxiety. In that case you could choose a different bundle that includes a Mobil 1 (the June AAP flyer shows most bundles with the option of Mobil 1 or Carquest).

My 5 cents - go with a carquest filter. I've used it on my Kia with no problems at all. When you put a P1 next to it, you'll see that the gasket on P1 feels artificially firm, I think because of the dye they use.
Internally they're the same

Originally Posted by MParr
Neither! Upgrade to the Purolator Boss.

Sorry that isn't an upgrade if you know the filter efficiency. Also the regular Purolator is higher higher efficiency and half the cost of the Boss.
Save more and get a Bosch Premium a Purolator at have the cost $4. But I just don't run filter two OCI's

Thanks team!
I ended up going to Walmart and buying the FRAM Ultra 7317. I'll use up my AAP Speed Perks & Gift Card on something else.

Back