AC taking too long to cool

Hello,

'12 Hyundai Genesis, ~93k miles.

Taking the AC a while to cool. If I start the car on a hot day and let it idle it doesn't get cold. it just blows hot air. When I start driving, it takes quite a few miles for it to start to cool. When it eventually does, it blows nice and cold, though. An suggestions?

Originally Posted by Rygrego
Have your A/C serviced. You're probably a little low on refrigerant.

I bet a higher grade of syn oil would fix the problem !!! yep get the AC looked at.

Originally Posted by Chris142
No system is 100% leak free. Most of the cars I recharge are 5-7 years old. Yours being 8 is due.

Originally Posted by Starman2112
Check the condenser fan(s).

Yes, check your system.
Check the condenser fins for debris, cotton, lint

Make sure the fans are working properly. But probably just low on refrigerant.

Don't just top it off. It needs to be recharged with a legit machine by weight.

Originally Posted by 01rangerxl
I had the same symptoms with my 02 Ranger, it ended up being the compressor relay.

How did you figure it out? My problem is that if I take it for someone to look at it then by the time I get there, it will be blowing cold.

Originally Posted by dan765
Originally Posted by 01rangerxl
I had the same symptoms with my 02 Ranger, it ended up being the compressor relay.

How did you figure it out? My problem is that if I take it for someone to look at it then by the time I get there, it will be blowing cold.

Honestly, guessing and next cheapest thing to replace. I had thrown a can of freon at it with no change, so I got an OE relay which was around $15, and it started working fine. That was 9 years ago, haven't touched the AC since and it still works great.

Back